Thread: New Leachie!

Thanks

Default New Leachie!

I posted about a month ago asking for help to decide between either a chahoua or a leachie as my first "rarer" rhac. I already owned cresteds and gargs and wanted something a lot different.

I ended up finding a good, somewhat-local, breeder of leachies and met up with her at a show last weekend to pick up my leachie. The breeder's business name is Kawaii reptiles btw and she has been great about sending pics, giving background info, and answering any questions i've had. I'm hoping to get the chance to purchase from her again if all goes well with this little one.

"he" (she thinks she saw pores, but I haven't checked myself yet) is 13 grams and hatched in August. She told me he was a good eater and he has proven that by gaining a gram while here with me in under a week...he was 12 grams when I first got him. His mom is from PDV snowflake line and he is a cross. I have been leaving him alone as much as possible. These pics were taken with him in his bin..I had to remove his hide because the little turd pooped on top of it and I had to replace it lol.

Below I will post some pics of the little guy. We haven't picked a name yet...but his current nickname is "wrinkly booger" lol.

1.2 crested geckos 0.3 ball pythons 3.0 boa constrictors 1.0 jag carpet python, 1.0 western hognose, 0.2 Kenyan sand boas 1.0 cat

Thanks

What a cutie!! I will some day own one. (Hopefully one from big time- one of his pinks). I've heard that they grown real fast. Goodluck with the little o e.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Congratulations on the pickup! "He" looks nice. I think you made a good choice going with a leachie.

Thanks

He is gorgeous, congrats on your first (addictive) leachie! And pooping on his hide will only be the first of your leachie poop adventures...they are legendary.
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

Thanks guys! I am already attached to this little guy. We are thinking about naming him Andre (after Andre the giant) if it does in fact end up being a he.
    1.2 crested geckos 0.3 ball pythons 3.0 boa constrictors 1.0 jag carpet python, 1.0 western hognose, 0.2 Kenyan sand boas 1.0 cat

Thanks

wrinkly booger hahha i love it.

The more leachies I see the more I want one myself, but it'll have to wait till I move. no space right now haha
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Thanks

Ooo, I love this guy! I'd like to have one also, but no room either. That's OK, I am happy with TAD and my garg-to-come (in April). Congrats on your new addition! Even if I can't have one, I love seeing/hearing about them! AND, I love "Wrinkly Booger"!
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

I think they're adorable due to the wrinkly skin lol. I'm just hoping this little guy ends up with a good temperament. Some say it is all genetics (i.e. you can handle and do everything right and still end up with a cage-defensive animal when it hits puberty) and others say it is environmental or how they're kept or handled. The breeder I got him from said of 60 leachies she has, only 3 have a bad attitude, so I figure that is pretty good odds.

I haven't decided on final housing size for this guy... I'm thinking an 36" x 24 x 18 (basically a double wide 18x18x24) will be it, or a 24x24x36"T. I'm setting up a 36x18x36 right now for a group of tree frogs and I'm not sure I will have enough room for two of those lol.