Thread: triangular tank okay? (tank size)

Thanks

Default triangular tank okay? (tank size)

hey you all!
    i'm new here and i am preparing to get three crested gecko ladies (they're about 7-8 months old)
    they're not with me yet, so i want to make sure i'll have everything they need.
    my tank is an osb tank, it's prism-shaped/triangular, so i am really not sure if it'll be big enough?
    it's 60 cm for each side and 81 cm high, so it should be around 35-38ish gallons
    is that enough for three cresties?
    they've been kept together since they were hatched, so they are getting along, that wouldn't be an issue.
    i'm really really bad with numbers and estimations, so i'd be very grateful with some help on this

thank you!!!

Thanks

At 7-8 months they are still too small to sex and only possible sex can be determined so I'd keep them separate in smaller tank till they're all at least 30 grams and 100% female. And that tank would be too big for such young cresties. Would work for 3 females but personally I say minimum of 45 gallons for 3.
    A good rule to follow is to have at least 70% plant cover if you're cohabbing and have one more feeding station then geckos. 2 geckos, 3 feeding stations, 3 geckos, 4 feeding stations etc...

Edit: I did not mean to sound rude at all, I'm just tired and was typing fast, sorry...
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

hey!
    don't worry i didn't think it was rude at all
    you probably have a lot more experience, so you know what you're talking about
    i might have to improvise, then...
    i haven't personally seen the geckos yet (they're from a private person that can't take care of them anymore) so i can't say exactly how big they are
    if they're little, i might just be able to divide the tank with styrofoam or wood, to make the tank smaller temporarily, then expand it when they've grown enough.
    the hint with the feeding stations is good! and shouldn't be a problem (most people seem to use plastic lids and powdered food mixes, so i can just make a couple with small portions and put them all over the place)
    thank you very much for your answers!
    i'll try and find out some more about these specific geckos (esp. the sexes, i didn't know they were so difficult to distinguish)

Thanks

They're difficult to distinguish under 15 grams, pretty much impossible unless they've got big obvious pores.

As for food, repashy or pangea, pangea is the absolute best though. Mix with water to make a smoothie like texture and change out the food every second day (example: mon: make food, tues: mix old food, wed: clean dishes and make new food etc....)

I'd keep them in tubs for the time being, cheap and easy to clean, if they each went in they're own tall 25ish qt tub on paper towel until they were all for sure female and of similar size then you could set up the bigger tank. If one or 2 end up being male then upgrade to a 12x12x18 or 18x18x24 or 66qt tub and keep me separate as males are extremely territorial and if with a female, will pretty much breed her to death which is not something nice to go through lol.

Another thing to keep in mind: paper towel is the best substrate, sanitary and cheap, all you gotta do is switch it out once a week. There's no chance of the geckos getting impacted from soil. Though with females you'll want to provide one lay box per female (a lay box is a 4qt tub filled 2/3 the way with moist organic sphagnum moss) a lay box is essential with females, because even if they've never been around, they'll still sometimes lay infertile eggs. Like a gecko period lol.

Just some extra tips to help you out, if you ever need any help just PM me!
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics