Thread: Does this crestie have sucky structure?

Thanks

Default Does this crestie have sucky structure?

Hi.. I went to Petsmart for cat food and crickets and saw they have a RED crestie. I really wanted to buy him because I have not been able to find any solid/bicolor reds for sale.
    I want to get him but... Does he have a tiny head? Does his back have crookedness in it or am I just seeing things?
    I'm not really a fan of the tiny black spots but that's not a deal breaker.

3.2.3 Correlophus ciliatus
    0.2 Felis catus
    1.1 Canis lupus familiaris
    90 gallon freshwater aquarium
    Dozens and dozens of orchids

Thanks

that gecko looks great

Thanks

His head/crests are passable for a petstore gecko (many are far worse), and it may develop a bit more as he seems to be on the younger side despite already getting some bulge going on. Other than that he doesn't seem to have signs of MBD, and if he is going for petstore rates of ~$45 than he would likely be a steal. If you plan to breed him, an issue might lie with his unknown lineage.
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

Pretty good, nice thick tail and nice crowning. Wouldn't breed though due to unknown background/liniage.
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

I agree with everyone. I, myself, LOVE reds, so at the right price, Id take him.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

He's pretty! Would love to add a red to my collection, crowning isn't the best but will get better with age
    ~small breeeder based out of the Bay Area in Northern California, contact me for hatchling pics/possible sales~
    Cresties 1.2.2
    Beardies 0.1.0
    Argentine B/W Tegu 0.0.1

Thanks

Oh gosh I'm really surprised you all like him so much! I was hoping you'd all tell me how crappy he is so I wouldn't want to get him (but not really &#128513 Yes he is $50, which, after looking around online so much at 200-500 dollar juvies that seems like nothing. Why do you think it is that reds are so hard to find? I've seen breeders with one or two reds but they've bred them with pinstripes or harleys. Does anyone know of a breeder that breeds straight reds? I might just go pick him up tomorrow.. ❤
    3.2.3 Correlophus ciliatus
    0.2 Felis catus
    1.1 Canis lupus familiaris
    90 gallon freshwater aquarium
    Dozens and dozens of orchids

Thanks

The difficulty with breeding reds is that you usually can't be 100% sure they end up being red until they have grown a decent amount. While some really good red breeders can get a nice feel on their lines and have experience to tell if babies might end up red, many times you can't tell if a red will be red until they are even 29 g or so. That can lead to people dumping "maybe" reds at a young age when they want to move stock, without being sure what they might turn out to be. If you can snag one that really does turn out to be red, kudos to you! But once you start breeding them that difficulty of guaranteeing a red baby will rear it's head until you are are thoroughly experienced with what your stock throws, or if you have the patience to grow out your babies a while to see what their final coloration might be before offering for sale.
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CrestieFu For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (01-04-2017)