Thread: Luc say hi and Happy new year.

Thanks

Default Luc say hi and Happy new year.

Hi My name is Luc I live in Canada A little north of Montreal and I drive truck.
    I started having terrarium 2 years ago with a red eye tree frog in it(18x18x24), Now I've started a new one 24x18x36 which is about 50% done.
    Someone gave me a tail less gecko(wrong Christmas gift)so I put it in the terrarium with frog, the frog got scared...something had to go. I gave away the frog, got an other gecko and hopefully with all you're help, tips, and trick they will live happily ever after.

My crested gecko buddy
    Name:  My crested gecko buddy.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  93.2 KB

And their unfinished loft.
    Name:  Terrarium.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  94.9 KB

Thanks

Hi Luc,

Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new here too, but what I've been told is that cresties are solitary animals, and unless you are breeding and want a lot of little ones (which it doesn't sound like you are ready for or interested in), or already have a bonded pair of females, they will most likely fight, possibly fatally, and especially if one is smaller than the other. Is your tank 36" long? If so you could put an opaque solid divider in it and still have enough room for a gecko on each side, or, if it's 36" high, get another enclosure for the second one.

Others more knowledgeable can chime in on introducing female geckos safely to see if they will get along.
    Last edited by TAD; 01-02-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

Hi Luc,

Welcome to the forum! TAD made some good points. Do you know whether your geckos are both female, a male and a female, or both male? How much do they weigh?
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    Hi Luc,

Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new here too, but what I've been told is that cresties are solitary animals, and unless you are breeding and want a lot of little ones (which it doesn't like you are ready for or interested in), or already have a bonded pair of females, they will most likely fight, possibly fatally, and especially if one is smaller than the other. Is your tank 36" long? If so you could put an opaque solid divider in it and still have enough room for a gecko on each side, or, if it's 36" high, get another enclosure for the second one.

Others more knowledgeable can chime in on introducing female geckos safely to see if they will get along.
    Thank you Tad, The terra is 36 high, now they are too young for sexing, now that the mistake is done all I can do is wait... so far they always sleep very close to each other.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Treebiscuit View Post
    Hi Luc,

Welcome to the forum! TAD made some good points. Do you know whether your geckos are both female, a male and a female, or both male? How much do they weigh?
    Cant really say about the weight, but I've been told that they are about 3 month.