Thread: New crestie not finding her food?

Thanks

Default New crestie not finding her food?

I got some new cresties earlier this month, for the most part they are eating and pooping. But my female Clementine has lost weight and doesn't seem to be able to find her food. I only put a shallow amount in the bowl so I can tell if they're eating and I think she ate out of her bowl once. I've observed her walking through her food bowl but not eating it- she makes a mess. She doesn't eat the crickets I put in. Last time I weighed her she was 49 grams and when I bought her she was sold as 55 grams.. is that a lot for her to lose? I'm worried. She's in an 18x18x24. Yesterday when I was holding her I put her food bowl up to her mouth to see if she would eat and she ate all of it?!
    I've ordered a gecko ledge bowl holder and I'm going to put one bowl on the ground and one in the ledge. I don't know what else to try. Do you think she will normalize in time?

Here she is:
    3.2.3 Correlophus ciliatus
    0.2 Felis catus
    1.1 Canis lupus familiaris
    90 gallon freshwater aquarium
    Dozens and dozens of orchids

Thanks

Did you weigh her upon purchasing her?
    Sometimes the weight a gecko is sold at is incorrect. It can be due to an estimation based on visual size or them weighing her soon after she had last eaten for them.
    An empty-weight and a full-weight can sometimes differ by a fair amount.

How often does she poop? Does she ever have diarrhea? Does she seem lethargic at all?
    12.18.18 Correlophus Ciliatus
    1.0.0 Eublepharis Macularius

Grim Geckos
    >Instagram<
    >Facebook<

Thanks

She looks to be a healthy weight. Food on a ledge might help, they seem to prefer eating up off the ground. Your tank size is good. Once you get the ledge, try putting her on it when you put fresh food in. She'll probably figure it out pretty quick.
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 3.0.0

Thanks

I didn't weigh her right after I got her, I was planning on it but she was very jumpy at first and I think her container she was shipped in was a size too small because it looked like she had thrown up in there and her head was smooshed against the side.
    I haven't seen much poop, and only a little of the white urine stuff. She does seem to sleep a lot, she always wakes up a few hours later than my other geckos and then sits on her log at the front of the cage looking at me. When I take her out she is pretty active though.

Sent from my SM-J500H using Tapatalk
    0.2 Felis catus

Thanks

Her weight is hovering at 49 grams. I can tell she has eaten out of her elevated ledge but only a little bit. She won't eat crickets.
    0.2 Felis catus