Thread: A Few Garg Photos

Thanks

Default A Few Garg Photos

Hello all!
    Around this time last year, I became interested in gargs and picked up 3 (from 2 different breeders). I decided to post some pics of two of them. I love that these guys go through a color change, but it made it very difficult when picking mine out and I've gotta say that two of the three didn't turn out anything like I thought they would. I wanted yellow / white / black and ended up with rust orange / red / black lol. That said, they are great looking.

Here is a baby pic of my first garg, Chubs. Chubs has probably gained 5x his initial weight at least and is still gaining. He was purchased as a male and is definitely a male at this point. I had a very good experience with his breeder and would buy from her again.

Here is a pic from about 2 months ago. About 10 seconds after this pic, he decided to jump behind my fridge..Was very fun getting him out. He is almost fully fired up in this photo. You can see that although his color has changed dramatically, his patterning has stayed pretty much the same.

Here is another pic taken about 1 week ago. In this pic, you can see that he has gained weight and is fired down.

Here is a pic of one of my other two gargs. Unnamed as of yet, this garg was purchased along with my 3rd from a different breeder... Whom I wouldn't buy from again (pm me if you want details). This garg is unsexed but is gaining weight pretty well and is on track to look just as good or better than chubs. I'm hoping for a female so that I'll have a matched pair.

I will try to get some pics of garg 3 up soon. It has been slow to gain weight compared to the other two, so I haven't wanted to disturb it much.
    1.2 crested geckos 0.3 ball pythons 3.0 boa constrictors 1.0 jag carpet python, 1.0 western hognose, 0.2 Kenyan sand boas 1.0 cat

Thanks

Nice geks!

Your last picture is almost identical to my little one! Any chance you picked it up from BB's? We could have cousins.

Thanks

After re-reading your post I would assume you didn't because BB has been great in my experience.

Thanks

Default General gargoyle questions

Can some of you post pics of your gargoyles? The one I'm getting next month will be 6 months old, and he currently weighs 7.9g. I am curious as to average weight of a full-grown garg, and how they "fit in your hand" .

Mine is a brown reticulated. How much chance is there of him changing colors by now? I will love him no matter what color he is, but I am just curious about this!
    Eileen
    TAD (Tiny Ancient Dinosaur) - Yellow flame dash pinstripe crestie 1.0.0
    Hygge, aka TBD (Tiny Badass Dragon) - Brown reticulated gargoyle 0.0.1
    Rody Jane - Cattledog/stinkwad mix 0.1.0
    Dixie Moonpie - Rattledog 0.1.0
    Ancient barn cats - 1.2.0

Thanks

I'll try to get one of my girl tonight and post it up. I hate disturbing them during the day.

She is only about a year and was pretty small until a few weeks ago the Boom now she is growing fast.

I've seen our girl go through at least two distinct color shifts in terms of the definition of her stripes and the depth of her color (brown like yours) to the lobby where she is starting to look like milk chocolate when fired up...almost red. Very cool.

I expect her to continue to change slightly as she grows, but not to far from her base.

Thanks

She also changes color quite dramatically as these two show...

http://imgur.com/3hcI41r

http://imgur.com/uUFIbzR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Caledonia For This Useful Post:

TAD (03-05-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAD View Post
    Can some of you post pics of your gargoyles? The one I'm getting next month will be 6 months old, and he currently weighs 7.9g. I am curious as to average weight of a full-grown garg, and how they "fit in your hand" .

Mine is a brown reticulated. How much chance is there of him changing colors by now? I will love him no matter what color he is, but I am just curious about this!
    Hi Tad
    I have attached some pictures of my gargoyles a couple are with eggs so are a little chunkier than usual none of them wanted to fire up so all a little dull looking but this should give you an idea of gargoyle size.
    Name:  IMG_1890.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  34.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_1889.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  39.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1892.JPG
Views: 20
Size:  89.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_1899.JPG
Size:  85.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1906.JPG
Views: 18
Size:  78.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_1904.JPG
Views: 16
Size:  76.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_1911.JPG
Views: 15
Size:  81.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_1919.JPG
Views: 17
Size:  95.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_1932.JPG
Size:  88.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_1934.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  32.4 KB
    Last edited by AceGargoyles; 03-19-2017 at 06:49 AM. Reason: issue with picture
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.5.0
    Chahoua. 0:0:1

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AceGargoyles For This Useful Post:

TAD (03-19-2017)

Thanks

Tad I forgot to add that my 2 choc/Brown gargoyles both fire up apretty stunning red!
    So you might be lucky with your brown gargoyle.
    Mine are mother & daughter.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.5.0

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AceGargoyles For This Useful Post:

TAD (03-19-2017)

Thanks

The other thing to add is that gargoyles can go through quite extreme colour changes. Having had cresties before from my experience gargoyle colour changes can be so much more extreme.
    Ace Gargoyles
    Gargoyle geckos. 2.5.0