Thread: Yay! Cloveth is finally shedding her extra scutes!

Thanks

Default Yay! Cloveth is finally shedding her extra scutes!

Cloveth is my yellow belly slider turtle who I got in April from a reptile show. She was pyramiding. That is where the scutes (scales) are not shed off and built up and up. Like lizard and snake shed, it builds and builds if it doesn't come off. Having no/not enough water, dirty or even too hot or cold water, improper food, ect. Can result in pyramiding. It will take some time, and with all the proper needs, but it will eventually all shed off and they will be as good as new. She has gained a lot of weight since I've had her (8 months) and she is shedding her scutes like crazy. I looked in the tank and seen 5! I use a turtle forum and everyone said that it will probably take 1-2 years before she sheds them off with how bad she had them, but it's Been 8 months. I'm so happy. But she sure is going to look super weird being a smooth turtle.... I can't imagine. I am going to do a progression post and it will have her the day I got her, and a year later, and so on and so fourth.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

TAD (12-11-2016)

Thanks

Great that she is improving so much under your care I remember the pic you posted earlier in the year, would be cool to see how she looks after she gets rid of those excess layers!
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

wow you must know what you are doing! I got a yellow bellied slider too. her name is sploosh I got her from a local reptile rescue center. do you have any pics of cloveth?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slappedham View Post
    wow you must know what you are doing! I got a yellow bellied slider too. her name is sploosh I got her from a local reptile rescue center. do you have any pics of cloveth?
    I do! no currents ones though. but as soon as I get my camera charger in the mail Ill take a few and do updates as she loses more.

Sploosh is an adorable name!! do you have pictures of her? is she full grown?
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS