Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paradox Albino Cape House snake.

Thanks

Default Paradox Albino Cape House snake.

I forgot to share this little one on this forum. It hatched on the 15th of this month.
    Here is the original post about her.

Had this little one hatch out 3 days ago and it had some issues, an enlarged eye and a half absorbed yolk, that I was thinking it would either die from or I'd have to euthanize it.
    Surprisingly, after 3 days of care it now looks like it might have a chance. The eye has shrunk to a normal size, though I believe it might be blind in that eye and the belly button is misshapen but closing. Have to see if it will eat and if it can pass food but feel better about sharing pictures of this Paradox Albino Cape House snake now.

Too many snakes! 20 species and counting. 1.2.plus Crested geckos 2.2 Gargoyle geckos 0.2 Chihuahua 2.2 evil cats.
    Elemental Exotics Terms & Conditions

Thanks

Post first shed update on little Carrot from today.

Someone said that it looked like a moldy carrot and I can't disagree, so Carrot it is!

Bum eye looked bad during shed but is looking much better now. She is losing it but it seems like it is going to heal well.

Refused first feeding attempt but despite that, I've got a better feeling about her chances now. (Only 60% sure on gender, haven't popped her yet.) Tail shape looks male but can't see 'penes by candling ...

Too many snakes! 20 species and counting. 1.2.plus Crested geckos 2.2 Gargoyle geckos 0.2 Chihuahua 2.2 evil cats.

Thanks

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charis For This Useful Post:

ColleenTroi (11-28-2016),Lovelyanddekstest (11-28-2016)

Thanks

pretty snake, it's too bad about her eye.

Thanks

Took some new pictures of Carrot last night. Still not eating on her own but otherwise is doing well.

Thanks

Awesome! Carrot today with a full belly. She finally ate on her own!

My live rodent supplier had a litter of very small newborns this time and one of the other non eating House snakes also ate last night. Leaves me just one non eater.

Thanks

Carrot has now eaten twice on her own and has already put on a good bit of weight from it.

Thanks

Carrot really is a little miracle baby!

She shed tonight and her damaged eye looks a thousand times better than it had. Surprisingly, though it is undersized (part of it come off with her first shed) it now looks healed and the pupil is reactive.
    So I now think that she has at least some vision out of it!!

The other, undamaged, eye.

Thanks

Some more pictures from tonight. She took an F/T pinky for the first time a couple days ago!

Thanks

She shed today, so I snapped some shiny new pictures. Finally gave up pretending that she might not stick around and made it official by moving her records in with all the rest of the perma residents here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Charis For This Useful Post:

TAD (03-31-2017)