Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battle Scars!!

Thanks

Oh, and she is very spoiled, hehe. She was spoiled before this too. She drives everywhere with us! (Well her son and step daughter, and I)
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Ah yes the risk is greatly minimized if she would be spayed early, breeding girls would have a higher risk of mammary carcinoma. And when I mean spread - I don't necessarily mean to other local, palpable tumors. Death due to cancer is rarely due to growth of primary tumor, but when it metastasizes to vital organs where their function decreases (especially lung in these kinds of cases) as well as other metabolic effects such as cancer cachexia (losing weight/wasting away).

Cancer is a constantly evolving beast. Initial mutations that enable more cell proliferation (dividing) than normal in the tissue, plus lack of cell death in early stage cancer tumors, if removed can be curative. However, the evolution of cancer mutations eventually allow for migration out of "normal" tissue architecture to more regional areas including lymph nodes, then from there even out into the bloodstream where it can "seed" other organs. So, over time the aggressiveness of the cancer increases and prognosis of the patient decreases. These are things that cannot be noticed with a physical examination or with the naked eye - a tissue biopsy with staining read by an experienced histopathologist is done to see the cells themselves and how they are arranged in the tissue. This can give a much better idea of the stage, or aggressiveness, of the cancer at it's current state. There are further tests than can be done, if desired, after histopath results to narrow down how treatment response might be or if palliative care (making them as happy/comfy as possible as the disease runs its course) would be a better option.

Now, hopefully this is just a benign tumor, but in questionable cases and based on her age/history I would always recommend histopath so you don't have "what-ifs" or any surprises if the condition does not improve. Very glad to hear she is spoiled girl, I would expect nothing less from what I hear of your beloved pets!
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrestieFu View Post
    Ah yes the risk is greatly minimized if she would be spayed early, breeding girls would have a higher risk of mammary carcinoma. And when I mean spread - I don't necessarily mean to other local, palpable tumors. Death due to cancer is rarely due to growth of primary tumor, but when it metastasizes to vital organs where their function decreases (especially lung in these kinds of cases) as well as other metabolic effects such as cancer cachexia (losing weight/wasting away).

Cancer is a constantly evolving beast. Initial mutations that enable more cell proliferation (dividing) than normal in the tissue, plus lack of cell death in early stage cancer tumors, if removed can be curative. However, the evolution of cancer mutations eventually allow for migration out of "normal" tissue architecture to more regional areas including lymph nodes, then from there even out into the bloodstream where it can "seed" other organs. So, over time the aggressiveness of the cancer increases and prognosis of the patient decreases. These are things that cannot be noticed with a physical examination or with the naked eye - a tissue biopsy with staining read by an experienced histopathologist is done to see the cells themselves and how they are arranged in the tissue. This can give a much better idea of the stage, or aggressiveness, of the cancer at it's current state. There are further tests than can be done, if desired, after histopath results to narrow down how treatment response might be or if palliative care (making them as happy/comfy as possible as the disease runs its course) would be a better option.

Now, hopefully this is just a benign tumor, but in questionable cases and based on her age/history I would always recommend histopath so you don't have "what-ifs" or any surprises if the condition does not improve. Very glad to hear she is spoiled girl, I would expect nothing less from what I hear of your beloved pets!
    I will definitely look into that more. But, I'm only 15 and would have to talk my mom into doing that. And the vet said they looked evetywhere. (Lungs, ect) I will still talk with my mother and try to get it done. Better safe then sorry.

And yes, all of my animals are spoiled rotten. We wasn't planing on breeding her, but whenever she came into heat she didn't bleed or anything AND we only had one male dog that was rarely around her, and when he was, BOOM babies. Thankfully though, we got her and she only had a couple more litters ( 1 in each litter) rather then staying with the previous owners or going to someone else and having a lot more.
    Since the surgery, she has been a lot more active and seems a lot more happy. Okay, enough with the rambling.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Default Pharmascience Health Gainer for contains calories in bulk and Weight Gain

A Health Gainer is a Pharma science - the Indian Ayurveda product. It is basically a weight work additive product which generally comes in a powder form which contains calories in bulk. It is full of proteins, fats and carbohydrates which gives your body an ultimate improvement and a muscular growth.
    For more visit
    .................................................. ............
    Health Gainer