Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Scars!!

Thanks

Talking Battle Scars!!

Hey everyone! This thread is to show off all your animals, or even your own, battle scars! From missing toes and tails or old scars from fights or your own scars and missing parts!
    Both my female crested geckos have a lot of scars from my violent male but I only took pictures of my big girl froggers scars so here they are!
    A big bite on her nose left a big scar!
    Name:  20160910_162156.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  96.5 KB
    Lots of bite marks and missing crest spikes from all those frisky nights
    Name:  20160910_161825.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  101.0 KB
    The male I had with her had big claws and liked to use them
    Name:  20160910_161556.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  100.3 KB
    Can't wait to see everyone else's photos!!
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

Name:  ilenebone.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  84.6 KB this is my gulf coast box turtle, Ilene. She arrived with a dehydrated leg that fell off the bone after i soaked her. She was supposed to be a Three-toed Boxie, but she is a Guld coast and the vet bill was $500 to amputate. Ilene is now doing great. The Vet thinks a string or something got caught around her leg at the tortoise compound where she was living before i bought her. The seller never noticed and she was shipped to me. Seller repaid my costs for price and shipping but refused to repay me the cost of vet care.

Thanks

Oh that must've been horrible to go through!! I'm glad she's doing better now! They may have not repaid the vet bill but they did repay the price and shipping
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenTroi View Post
    Name:  ilenebone.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  84.6 KB this is my gulf coast box turtle, Ilene. She arrived with a dehydrated leg that fell off the bone after i soaked her. She was supposed to be a Three-toed Boxie, but she is a Guld coast and the vet bill was $500 to amputate. Ilene is now doing great. The Vet thinks a string or something got caught around her leg at the tortoise compound where she was living before i bought her. The seller never noticed and she was shipped to me. Seller repaid my costs for price and shipping but refused to repay me the cost of vet care.
    That is gnarly. Glad you got her now!

Fortunately, my geckos have no battle scars. Unfortunately, I do.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

ColleenTroi (09-11-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Last_Creature View Post
    Oh that must've been horrible to go through!! I'm glad she's doing better now! They may have not repaid the vet bill but they did repay the price and shipping
    yes but this is not the type of turtle i ordered and it should not have been my vet bill. However, She has a good home with me.

Thanks

Oh that poor turtle (and not-good seller)! Do you have a pic of the leg healed?

I don't have anything too drastic but some tail issues on a couple which were already resolved and healed by the time I got them. Val has a stub tail from getting it closed in a door:

And my girl Ice had severe stuck shed on her tail tip at one point that looks like she totally lucked out on not losing the end. However, she now has a permanent tight scar tissue there and when I first got her shipped to me I thought she was still afflicted by stuck shed. Nope, totally fine and the little tab on the end is perfectly viable and still has "grip" strength. I do have to keep an eye on it as occasionally some fresh shed might not make it all the way off due to the abnormal shape, but she has had no other problems with it since I've her (3rd and last home!).

Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrestieFu View Post
    Oh that poor turtle (and not-good seller)! Do you have a pic of the leg healed?

I don't have anything too drastic but some tail issues on a couple which were already resolved by the time I got them. Val has a stub tail from getting it closed in a door:

And my girl Ice had severe stuck shed on her tail tip at one point that looks like she totally lucked out on not losing the end. However, she now has a permanent tight scar tissue there and when I first got her shipped to me I thought she was still afflicted by stuck shed. Nope, totally fine and the little tab on the end is perfectly viable and still has "grip" strength. I do have to keep an eye on it as occasionally some fresh shed might not make it all the way off due to the abnormal shape, but she has had no other problems with it since I've her (3rd and last home!).

Wow, and she never dropped her tail? that is amazing. i had a large male that was very hand tamed, and he never got nervous, and one day for no reason i could see, he threw his tail. i was kind of sad, bc he was so big and with the tail he looked even bigger.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ColleenTroi For This Useful Post:

CrestieFu (09-13-2016)

Thanks

i don't have a pic of the stump, but here is a video of her PT about 5 weeks after the surgery. she was only allowed outside on dry grass and not in water for 6 weeks. but now she does great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SSHwK5BdhA

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ColleenTroi For This Useful Post:

CrestieFu (09-13-2016)

Thanks

-CrestieFu, wow that first girl you showed was so white, what a stunner! Glad that she's all healed up now. I'm sureprised your girl ice didn't drop the tail! I guess some are just more reluctant than others when it comes to letting go of their tail, I used to have a baby with a messed up tail and I always had to take the shed off his tail or else he would be lost the tail eventually.

-ColleenTroi, glad to hear she's doing so well! I'm happy to hear that she's got a good caring home!
    Sam

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Last_Creature For This Useful Post:

ColleenTroi (09-13-2016),CrestieFu (09-13-2016),Lovelyanddekstest (09-13-2016)

Thanks

Ah, well I guess I lied. One of mine has a stub tail like Sasha's Val. I didn't of that. She got it bit off from her cage mate before I got her.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

CrestieFu (09-13-2016)