Thread: American Toad

Thanks

Default American Toad

Does anyone know hot to care for an American Toad? I found one that my cat was chasing and she seems weak and keeps her legs stretched out most the time. she is super calm and I am worried about her so I am going to care for her until she gets back on track...
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

I'm not too sure but I think a 15 gallon aquarium with a thick lair of moist peat moss and a saucer with water in it and a 15 watt bulb placed over one side will do alright, I'm sure some fake plants in there would help her to feel secure, hand feeding with tweezers would be best. crickets or Dubias for food,maybe some small super worms or phoenix worms
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

Okay, so I put Rocket outside about three days after this post, in a large tank so she could get some fresh air and fresh food. I put her out that day cause she was doing wonders better. My brother let her go though...... I was already attached to her, she was so cool. But tonight, my brother got an American from outside in our drive way, almost ran over (hew, he wasn't). This one is a male and he named him Faul aka Dizzy. He told me he found one and I was like "it's not Kibble is it?". Kibble is a toad that has been here since Jan on this year and stays in one spot. Thankfully, Faul is not Kibble. Kibble is very unique in coloring, But Faul is pretty cool too.*very* temporarily, we have him in a 5 gallon with paper towels on the bottom and filled with plants and has a hide made of rocks. He also has another homemade hide. He has a bowl of water, not too deep, but not too shallow. He is kept in a very warm room, so would he still need a lamp? He currently has crickets to eat.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Faul, a very talkative toad that won't hold still! I named Rocket because she jumped very very far, but was very very calm. This one, Faul (aka Dizzy) is very very very wild. I tried to get a pic, but he won't hold still. He was making so much noise, my chihuauha had to come and investigate, hah. (I call my chihuahua my personal k9)
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    4.4.COCKATIELS