Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "CUDDLING"

Thanks

Thank you for your time. I will be sure to wait till march to try again. If she got to stressed peace and quiet and time should fix that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Helpacrestieout View Post
    Thank you for your time. I will be sure to wait till march to try again. If she got to stressed peace and quiet and time should fix that?
    More than likely yes. However, not all pairs are compatible. Sometimes a female will refuse a male for what seems like no reason at all. I had a female this past season refuse both of my males... If a female is refusing, it's likely she's saying she's not ready.
    Kelly @ OUROBOROS EXOTICS
    Currently working with Gargoyle geckos, Crested geckos, Leachianus geckos,
    E. Agricolae and E. Vieilliardi
    Facebook.com/OuroborosGeckos
    ouroborosexotics.wix.com/geckos

Thanks

I just recently purchased the female 2 days ago
    SHE WAS QUARANTINED!!!!!!!! .... Did u guys read my post?
    I don't know how you can quarantine in only two days, so don't expect those who read your post to think that you did one. Unless you can explain better from your other thread how isolation at the breeder's is the same as quarantine, my opinion from (not book opinion...) stands. Especially as you seem a little on the eager side to breed without knowing the best way to approach it:

It sounds like she was not quarantined at your place. Despite great breeders, geckos can have low parasite/bacteria burdens that may be subclinical until they are stressed further, such as moving to a new location with new smells, temp, light fluctiations, etc. At this point in addition to becoming sickly, they may shed pathogen/become contagious to other geckos. At-home quarantine should always be done, no matter how much you trust your breeder.

Even if you intend to breed, unless you are experienced I would not attempt off-season breeding as it may be very difficult to cool her next summer and an extended lay period can lead to health complications in females and hatchlings. Especially in regards to the size difference, I would put them in difference enclosures and only introduce briefly early next year for breeding. Keep in mind one mating session can give a female enough sperm stored to last the season.
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CrestieFu For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (08-26-2016)

Thanks

I didnt specify about quarntine because that was not my question. I said bought 2 days ago. But meant that i purchased but introduced in 2 days ago. So instead of answering any of my questions. U took a miss type and decided to flex ur knowledge about quarntine. Instead of answering any of the questions. U did it twice. Lol. But thanx for ur help anyways pal

Thanks

If you post something publicly, and there seems to be some unaddressed issues, people are going to comment on it. It's a public forum. Not your personal sounding board.

How's this for experience? Although I took a break for a few years, I've worked with the species nearly since they were first introduced into the pet trade. Unlike most people here, I routinely keep females in small groups. I never:

- keep males in with the females for more than a few days unless a pair is bonded (as mentioned, this is rare)
    - keep more than 1 gecko in a 20 gallon. That is an OK size for one adult. This is too small for even two females, let alone a male and female with size differences and overt displays of dominance
    - keep animals together with significant size/weight differences
    - skip quarantine. I have had geckos from amazing folks arrive to me with parasite loads. Skipping this can be a disastrous error, and your other thread makes it sound like she was simply in isolation at the breeder's place. You've come to a forum of people passionate about and dedicated to their geckos. Expect them to comment on something so glaring. And despite your protests, it is also relevant - because if she wasn't quarantined your questions are completely moot and they need to be separated immediately (which they should be for all the other reasons listed anyway)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niffarious For This Useful Post:

CrestieFu (08-26-2016),Lovelyanddekstest (08-28-2016)

Thanks

I didnt specify about quarntine because that was not my question. I said bought 2 days ago. But meant that i purchased but introduced in 2 days ago. So instead of answering any of my questions. U took a miss type and decided to flex ur knowledge about quarntine. Instead of answering any of the questions. U did it twice. Lol. But thanx for ur help anyways pal
    Perhaps if you came on here with a cool head and actually asked questions correctly instead of 'mistyping' (there is something called proofreading by the way) then experienced keepers like CrestieFu might have been able to help you out better.

It sounds to me like you have made a rash mistake without doing the research first. That is on you, not the good people who take time out of their lives to try and help people like yourself out with their problems.

Thanks

And waw- talk about arrogance. I think you need to check your manners at the door, pal.

On reading your past posts, it seems like you havent got much experience with the species. It is also painful to read that in previous posts, it was actually CrestiFu who helped you out the most. I think you owe her an apology for being so ungrateful in this instance.