Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 60 degrees?

Thanks

Howdy,

A digital hygro-thermograph (just a fancy term for something that shows both temperature and humidity) would be perfect for you. I have extras if you would like one. I use them all the time for my job and at home and recommend any model made by Acu-Rite. They can be found as cheap as 8 bucks. You will be able to see a pretty accurate measurement of temp and humidity at the same time, updated about every minute. Good luck! Also, hello everybody, this is my first post. My gecko is doing great, I'll try to get some pictures for you.

Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MeMe For This Useful Post:

Lovelyanddekstest (08-08-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty and Krystle View Post
    the homles says 60
    Another question because I am curious and it is something you brought up multiple times previously in the thread: If these three hygrometers roughly read ~60% humidity, what device was reading the "77" you mentioned your room/cresties were at? Was this actually a thermometer or was it also a hygrometer?

I hope this thread has been something you can learn from - not just about humidity/temp for cresties/eggs, but also about forum interaction and communication. I consider myself a very patient person, like to help others, and with kids of my own know that younger forum users may not be as clear as adults at times. And while I am glad we at least have come to identify what the problem was, I will admit this thread has also pushed me toward my limits. I suggest in the future if you have questions, to check with a parent or older friend/sibling over your writing and intention before hitting the "create thread" or "reply" button to ensure you are getting across the message in a clear and accurate manner.
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrestieFu For This Useful Post:

Koha23 (08-08-2016),Lovelyanddekstest (08-08-2016)

Thanks

did I say temperature, I'm sooooooooo sorry I did not mean to say temperature. But the humidity is still way low. ill try to get digital one. Thank u
    Yes, you did say temperature.

We are 9 pages in and you are just now stating you meant to say humidity?

Note: all humidity gauges are all roughly 60%. I think It is safe to say that the humidity is 60%.
    Why not add water to the media to make it higher?

Edit: what incubation media are you using? I highly suggest what crestiefu said. You should definitely take action towards it. Everything crestiefu said. About the hatchrite and about someone else reading your post before posting.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyanddekstest For This Useful Post:

CrestieFu (08-08-2016)

Thanks

they are all hygrometers

Thanks

I checked them to make sure they were and I cant ask anybody else because they don't do this stuff, they think I'm crazy.

Thanks

Fine I will go next time. I'm sorry I said degrees and now u are angry. I understand I'm stupid and should of caught it.

Thanks

i would be angry to.......... I'm sorry for my stupidity. i thought i knew what i was saying.

Thanks

Fine I will go next time. I'm sorry I said degrees and now u are angry. I understand I'm stupid and should of caught it.
    I am not angry, but just dont understand how Crestiefu Happymaskedguy everyone else ans I has said temperature and you have not corrected us or said one thing about humidity until now. how when we have asked/said the cresties are freezing if the temo is 60f, how did you not stop us right there and say "they arent freezing. I titled this thread wrong and meant to say humidity"? it would have saved all of us alot of time and you alot of heartache.

you shouldnt say you're stupid. I completely understand, my family thinks I am going insane, if not already there.

now, I dont know if youll continue to post in this thread or in any threads, but I hope you do. I know that you may be hurt from everything, but I cant help you there since it takes ALOT (I mean alot) to offend me and I really dont know where you're coming from, but I am sorry if it was I, who offended you.

now that we have narrowed this down, I hope you'll stay so we can help you more if you let us.

since all of them say *close* to 60%, it is *pretty* accurate.
    what media are uyou using?
    is the continer air tight or is there holes in it?
    when you squeeze the media into a ball with your hand, how much water comes out? does it stay in place or does it crumble?
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Moderator post since this thread got reported:
    Krusty & Krystle, please consider taking the advice from others and at least proof-read your own posts before you make them. This was 10 pages that would have been over in 1 if you had been clear on what reading you were talking about. Also please don't spam comments - just make one post, and if you think of something you absolutely have to add, use the Edit button to add it in.

To everyone else - please make sure that if you are not able to keep a helpful tone, just bow out of the thread.

If your humidity is ~60% in the egg incubation box, it's likely fine. As long as the incubation material is somewhat moist, but not damp or soaking wet, it will be fine.

I'm closing this thread and you can feel free to start a new thread with the proper information in the new thread title so people don't need to read through 10 pages of whatever this was before they help.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaybee For This Useful Post:

CrestieFu (08-11-2016),Koha23 (08-12-2016),Lovelyanddekstest (08-11-2016),MeMe (08-11-2016)