Thread: Reptile Suggestions... Help Please

Thanks

Default Reptile Suggestions... Help Please

Hey guys. So I am looking for a reptile or amphibian that does not require UVB and minimal heat (etc. heat pad). I AM a fairly experienced keeper, so nothing is usually too much for me. All I care is NO snakes, rhactodactulyus, Leo's or aft. I'm really leaning for Tree frogs or Slamanders/ Newts,
    Thanks!
    1.1 Crested Gecko
    Oreo and Kelly

1.0 Veiled Chamleon
    Zeus

1.0 Bearded Dragon
    Boga

Thanks

I keep red eyed tree frogs and do feel that they need UVB because they do sleep in the open and also there's no guarantee that they will consume the crickets before the crickets have groomed the calcium and vitamin D3 off themselves.
    Conversely, even though day geckos need UVB, it's very possible to keep them without it and supplement them well with calcium and vitamin D3. I kept a gold dust day gecko and P. klemmeri (not together) for over 10 years this way and they finally passed away recently old age. If you have a large enclosure, you could have a giant day gecko. If you want to go in the other direction, I have recently gotten into the micro geckos (Sphaerodactylus genus). How's that for a start?

Aliza