Thread: Mouth rot??

Thanks

Default Mouth rot??

Its been awhile since ive been on here and thats a good sign. But tonight i took my crestie, Gizmo, out of the tank to give him crickets. I noiced he has a black line along his teeth on the lower jaw. This is happened before and it turned out to be alittle dirt or something that he accidently bit. I couldn't get it out this time. Could it be mouth rot? Its not very much but he got annoyed at me and hes not the type to open up for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/jyx9jztnep70umf/AAD6NzZ95w2e3p9ZkIhoSpKWa
    https://www.dropbox.com/sc/jyx9jztnep70umf/AAD6NzZ95w2e3p9ZkIhoSpKWa

Thanks

If I may ask, how did you attempt removing it?
    If it does not disappear within a week (at max), I would suggest taking him to see a veterinarian.

One of my females is notorious for getting substrate stuck in her teeth while digging to lay eggs. She tends to be able to remove it all on her own within a few days but sometimes, she cannot remove it all and her lips swell a bit from agitation, I presume, so I rinse the area with a syringe (no needle, of course) of water.

If you did some similar rinsing method and no pieces of substrate rinsed out, it may be something you should go ahead and have checked out by a veterinarian sooner rather than later.

* whenever attempting to rinse the teeth/gums, please remember to be gentle while rinsing and be mindful of how you angle the syringe (or other item you are using) so that you do not stream water down his throat — potentially causing him to aspirate *
    12.18.18 Correlophus Ciliatus
    1.0.0 Eublepharis Macularius

Grim Geckos
    >Instagram<
    >Facebook<

Thanks

I used a damp paper towel piece and tried stroking the area and i also tried a damp q-tip. He HATES opening his mouth and i cannot get him too. Its still there this morning but it still looks like substrate to me. Thanks!

Thanks

Have you tried using your pointer and thumb and gently rubbing them across the jaw? Each time you do this get a little tighter each time . And he should open up.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    2.1.CRESTED GECKO Dekstest,Phantom,Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis
    4.4.COCKATIELS

Thanks

Thank you guys! I gave his tank a good scrub and gave him a little 'trip' sauna and i tried rinsing it. But the other day i woke up and it was gone! Thanks!