Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pangea Fruit Mix with Insects

Thanks

Default Pangea Fruit Mix with Insects

Does anyone know if you can just feed PFMI to a Chahoua?Or will you have to supplement it with more insects?

Thanks!

Thanks

If he's a hatchling or a juvenile, I'd definitely use insects and the crested gecko diet. My chahoua literally lunges across the cage when I put insects in there. Use dubia roaches. They are easy to keep, dont smell, dont need heat, and dont die easily. I use the smallest critter keeper they make to keep them and then I keep that in a small plastic tub just in case. What's nice is you can use those 2 oz plastic cups to put the roaches in when you feed, because they cant climb out, at least when they are small. Also I use some tweezer forceps, that I had in an old dissection kit, to handle the roaches and I dust with the calcium. I say to add the insects because mine does eat the CGD, but not like he/she loves it. I use the pangea with insects diet. I want my pet to be happy, so I put up with the roaches. I will on occasion put a drop of honey in my chewies CGD, as a treat and to ensure he/she keeps eating it.
    Last edited by Dr. Van Helsing; 05-10-2016 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Need to add something

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Van Helsing For This Useful Post:

Omega (05-10-2016)

Thanks

And yeah I've heard of people not feeding insects at all to chahoua, and apparently they turned out fine. However, I believe the rate of growth was slower. Do what you want I suppose, but after I saw the way my chahoua viciously attacked the first roach I gave it, I had to keep feeding them. Good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Van Helsing For This Useful Post:

Omega (05-10-2016)

Thanks

I have a female since a hatchling that loves bugs an i also give pangea with insects. I recently bout a male who doesn't like bugs at all so i give him the pangea with insects. But i would recommend giving live bugs if you can.
    Crested geckos 4:5:15
    Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

7. The Following User Says Thank You to crgecko For This Useful Post:

Omega (05-10-2016)

Thanks

Thanks for all the answers.I'm currently building a vivarium however I might not be able to store roaches or bugs (besides janitor crew).I would like to get a Chahoua however I don't want it unhappy living with me.

Thanks

You wouldn't have to store any bugs, i buy enough for just 1 feeding. Like i buy 4 doz large an 3 doz small an i use them all at once.

Thanks

Looks Like I wouldn't be able to store roaches, but I might be able to do crickets.What if I breed a bigger species of pill bug with little chitin and feed them that?

Also,wouldn't it get expensive having to buy bugs all the time for one feeding?

Thanks

I buy crickets, i usally only feed bugs 3 times a month, solely because all my crested are big in weight wise. Mine are all over 50 grams, so i dont feed alot of bugs. I feed all flavors of pangea an rotate. I usally spend 10 or 15 dollirs on the bugs.

Thanks

Unfortunately, I live in Florida so most roaches are banned including Dubai.Also, my mother does not want Roaches in the house.I'd also rather not have crickets in the house because they're smelly and quite annoying to work with.

Do you think a large species of Sow bug and the PFMI could suffice for a Chahoua's diet?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I live in Florida so most roaches are banned including Dubai.Also, my mother does not want Roaches in the house.I'd also rather not have crickets in the house because they're smelly and quite annoying to work with.

Do you think a large species of Sow bug and the PFMI could suffice for a Chahoua's diet?