Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Getting Your First Crestie

Thanks

That is really cute, what kind of conversion kit/door set did you get? Only thing I would mention is that with all that mesh make sure that your humidity stays within the appropriate range and be ready to block some off if needed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CrestieFu For This Useful Post:

holly.dole3 (06-20-2016)

Thanks

Thanks! The door is actually my biggest concern as well. I used a hinged screen cover and fastened it on with 6 screen clips. 4 on the bottom, 2 on the top. There are no gaps on the sides. The cover is a tiny bit bigger then the tank which is why i used so many clips. The clips didnt fit perfectly at first, but i bent them and now they all feel much more secure and are harder to get loose. I was worried about the humidity. I added a wandering jew and will also add a pothos to see if that helps with it. Aside from that, i am going to spray as i would if i had a gecko and see what the humidity does during the day. If needed, i can find a way to block the bottom off more and conserve humidity

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to holly.dole3 For This Useful Post:

CrestieFu (06-20-2016)

Thanks

Okay! Lets try this again! Added drift wood and one large exoterra vine. Opinions?

Ps. Would this work for a gargoyle as well? Im still toying with the idea of getting a garg instead of a crested

Thanks

Looks fine to me, and yes a garg would be fine in that as well, although their weight as they get bigger will most likely break that 'netting' you have on the side there. Not sure how sturdy that is hahaha :P
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Thanks

Im never going to have it perfect >_< i actually dont like that net but had already cut it so i couldnt return it. Its more of there to hold the vine than anything else, it wont be in the adult tank. Other than that, everything else looks good right?

Thanks

For everyone following the thread, I realized I never updated on my gecko progress. I decided on a gargoyle gecko instead of a crestie, found a breeder I wanted to buy from, made contact with them and was eyeing some of the babies when a big storm blew through and brought with it a lost parakeet 😂 The owners couldn't be located and my gecko money went to bird supplies 🐦 Ironic how we plan but the world has a different plan. Obviously, I panicked and had to learn last minute how to care for a bird which I've never owner or planned on owning lol. Needless to say, my gecko dreams are on hold again until I find another location for a cage (birdie stole he spot he was going) and save more money 😂. Ill keep youll posted when I finally get one