Thread: Prices?

Thanks

Default Prices?

As my financial ability loosens up I am starting to look at more options for the crested gecko I plan on getting. I'd like to get the crested gecko kit from pangea and purchase additional plants (as the kit doesn't come with many. But I've been considering not getting the gecko from there as you can't see it before you buy it, only specify morph. So my question is how much would a juvinile extreme harlequin cresty cost? I really love the bright green with black coming up the sides coloration, would that change the cost any? And also, will the 121218 exo terra take my cresty happily through its entire life? I don't want to have to buy another but I've heard an 181824 would stress a baby out. The kit comes with a critter carrier so couldn't I house the gecko there until it was of good size to get into an 181824?

Thanks

I have a Red Harlequin. I saw the 12x12x18 and decided quite quickly that it was not large enough. At full size, the gecko would be 1/3 the length of the tank minus tail. I opted for 18x18x24 with a juvie. She explores the entire enclosure without issue. Her food is hidden and she is near it quite a bit. She has her own hiding place. She doesn't appear to have any issues with that size, she explores the entire thing and always retreats back to her leafy hiding place.

If you want an expensive crestie, you might as well spring for the slightly more expensive tank. It only makes sense. As for the cost of the crestie, I have no clue. I have honestly never seen that coloration at my nearby exotic pet store. My Red Harlequin was $125. Extremes appear to be more expensive by a fair amount. If your tastes are that particular, you should just be ready to spend some mad cash.

Thanks

Extreme harleys usually cost 150-500$ here you can see photos of the gecko or you can email Matt and request for photos of the specific gecko, an 18x18x24 is large for a juvie especially when it comes to finding food, you can buy a large critter keeper to house it in till its large enough for the big tank, I wouldn't put a crested in an 18x18x24 until at least 20 grams, even then I usually put them into adult tanks/tubs at 25-30 grams.
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

Yeah, you're probably looking at least at a $150 purchase for the gecko alone if you want an extreme harlequin.
    As Last_Creature said, it's best to house a smaller gecko in a smaller enclosure for a while. It's easier for them to find food this way.
    Kelly @ OUROBOROS EXOTICS
    Currently working with Gargoyle geckos, Crested geckos, Leachianus geckos,
    E. Agricolae and E. Vieilliardi
    Facebook.com/OuroborosGeckos
    ouroborosexotics.wix.com/geckos

Thanks

I have a high-white cream harlequin that I purchased from a reptile show. I was able to talk the seller down to $80 with cash. I think it depends on how particular you are and if you're willing to drive to a show where dollar bills have negotiating power I have my juvi in a 12x12x18 since it was initially cheaper. He fits perfectly, but I can see having to upgrade in the next year or two. I'll probably try to sell the smaller cage on craigslist when that happens and recoup the expense.

Thanks

You're bound to find lower prices at an expo or reptile show. I would just be sure that if you find an animal you like that it looks healthy and you take some time to talk with the breeder to find out as much info as you can.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi'smom View Post
    You're bound to find lower prices at an expo or reptile show. I would just be sure that if you find an animal you like that it looks healthy and you take some time to talk with the breeder to find out as much info as you can.
    What kind of information should I be looking for?

Thanks

Ask them how they keep their animals, what they feed, feeding schedule, parent photos, if they eat insects. Pretty much all the information you can get from them the better. That way you can judge if the animal is healthy by sight and background breeder info.