Thread: Planting bamboo in crestie Viv?

Thanks

Default Planting bamboo in crestie Viv?

I'm working on doing an all natural Viv for my crestie. One of the things I was thinking about adding was some live bamboo.

Any tips for getting it to grow?
    Plant directly in the ABG mix, or should I keep it in a separate pot?

Thanks

I dont know about where you live but in Texas bamboo is your worst enemy it could be the same across the US but once you plant one bamboo they live forever, are hard to kill, constantly plant seeds, and ultimately end up looking super ugly. I would highly recommend not planting it in a cage as you may end up with a bamboo forest in an enclosed area.
    1.2.0 Crested Gecko (Galaxy, Nanner, Haitachi)
    0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Charley)

Business starting in 2017 Awesome Surprises (facebook only atm) breeding Cresties and Gargs! May breed other reptiles and species in the future but for now just going to collect them all!

Thanks

That depends on the species, kelby675. The small bamboo that you could fit into a tank wouldn't overtake it. Especially with pruning.

I'm not 100% sure on the planting of it in a tank, but I'm sure there are plenty of care guides for bamboo if you use Google to search.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thanks

That is very true Kazzy. In a house of my youth we had a small Bamboo forest that I of course loved but my parents hated.
    1.2.0 Crested Gecko (Galaxy, Nanner, Haitachi)
    0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Charley)

Business starting in 2017 Awesome Surprises (facebook only atm) breeding Cresties and Gargs! May breed other reptiles and species in the future but for now just going to collect them all!