Thread: odd question

Thanks

Question odd question

So I got my first crestie over a year ago now, and wanted to get another one. A local breeder had an odd baby out of his red pairing, a little dark and cream harley, and I fell in love with her (I call her a her just because I have a feeling its a female, don't know yet since she's only 10ish grams), so I brought her home, this was back at the end of December. When I took her out of quarantine, I got her set up in my reptile room, and now Pasquale my nearly 2 year old male is, well, acting horny. There are plenty of female reptiles in the room, but is it possible that he knows she's a girl, or is he now mature?

He only started doing this about a week ago when I put her in the reptile room.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Well a male will start breeding with females at 20-25 grams but it is extremely un safe at that size, also if she is indeed a she he will most likely be unable to smell the hormones from a girl that small, he can get turned on from females of other species in the room, I've had my 47 gram male get turned on when I come near because I'm a girl, it's kind of funny, but if the younger geckos enclosure is right beside the males then it might be possible but unlikely because females should put out more hormones about 25 grams, again way to tiny to breed but at 10 grams I'd say it's impossible he could smell her if she's that size. But again, any females hormons can and will turn him on lol
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

Mine is always licking his junk and I only have another male gecko in the same area. I just think male crested geckos are horny little turds.

Thanks

Yep, my male crestie does his "male gecko business" at least once a week and I have no other geckos or reptiles. Pretty gross. Your male could smell the female but like Last Creature said, kind of unlikely. The male geckos do their male thing as soon as they're mature (around 20g).

Thanks

It could just be the time of year. My males are definitely feeling spring fever right now.
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

I forgot, they also need to stay hygienic so he put it our there to clean himself too
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

I caught my leopard gecko casually cleaning his parts last night....now I have two of them....

Thanks

maybe its just because it's his first spring where he's ready to breed. He's a hefty 55 grams, of which he does not look xD, so I figured it was only time... He just surprised me because he'd never tried to breed before and then bam! the paper towel looked like the perfect girl to him I guess xD