Thread: Crestie Doesn't Have Healthy Poops

Thanks

Default Crestie Doesn't Have Healthy Poops

Hello again all. I hope all is well with everyone! My 7 year old female is having numerous problems. A while back I posted something on her necrotic tail. I did end up removing it. I didn't cut it but I helped her do it the natural way. Since then, at least every other week something else is going on with her. I get she's old.... I digress..

I noticed that she is putting on weight but is not gravid. She tends to get in a mood when she's about to lay. Anyway, when she poops, it's very small. Usually she has good ones but recently she hasn't. When she poops, it is a very small white poop. She hasn't recently given me any solid brown poops.

I plan to thin her food

I have been soaking her

Anybody else have any little remedies for backed up cresties??

Thanks guys!

Thanks

How long has it been since you've found normal poops? Is she eating normally? Is she straining to poop? What substrate are you using? I have no experience with this, sorry. Did a bit of research, every thread/site I find says to the gecko a sauna/soak. Sorry for many Q's, just trying to get an idea of what's wrong and other treatment ideas.

Thanks

I'd do a quick vet check up, could easily be lack of fluids so with a seringe filled with water gently put drops on her nose until she licks the area then continue to put water drops on her nose. 10-15 drips a day should be sufficient to help pass anything
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

7 years is not at all old for a crested. They live 15-20 + years. Age should definitely not be a factor.

What kind of food are you feeding and how often? Is she eating any of it? Has she been exposed to any other new reptiles recently?

Thanks

She is on Pangea Bug mix. I've been keeping them on paper towel just so I can monitor her better since she's gotten sick. I just today put them on the moss substrate mixed with dirt substrate. She was giving me normal poops about a week ago and she has been eating normally. Usually I catch her before I go to bed. Or she's sitting at the door at about 9 waiting for a fresh food change. She did give me a small one earlier and it did look like there might be worms. I plan to keep an eye on her. I do have some Panacur from their previous parasite issue from the summer. I called my vet and he said it was still good to use and it might not hurt to do a treatment.

Since I've removed her tail she's been a lot happier. She chirps at me a lot and is usually a bright greenish color. She loves to snuggle on my shoulder too. Other than what I've stated she seems to be ok. I just worry about her.
    Thanks so much guys!!!!

Thanks

Also, she was sick when she was a baby and ever since then she's had small health problems. She's my special little girl. I do not breed her, although she does have a boyfriend. He doesn't do much with her other than the occasional cute snuggles.

She's not been around anyone new or any new reptiles.

Again, thanks!

Thanks

Even with a male he will attempt to mate but only whole you are sleeping so be careful with that, provide a lay box or she will hold the eggs and egg bind
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.4 E.Macularius 1.2.0 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

Yep. Now that there is substrate she should be good. Usually she gets really pissy if she's about to lay. But I have provided a lay box just in case she decides to lay. Both of them are also right by my bed and when she squeaks it wakes me up (Im a light sleeper) and I separate them.

Thanks!!!!