Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Adult gecko help

Thanks

Okay, they are dark, almost black bald spots. Do you think that maybe the fact that his terrarium was not cleaned ever and they were apparently reaking of cigarette smoke might have something to do with it? I was told that there wasn't any aggression with the cagemate, but I know that could not necessarily be true. I'm sorry to keep asking about it but I'm just curious. And thank you! I think he's pretty, bald spots and all!

Thanks

They could either be scars, like already stated, or dalmatian spots. If you get a clear shot of the head we could probably tell.

Not having a cleaned cage and smoke will cause infections, but if there's no crust around the nose or bubbles when he breathes, he should not have a respiratory infection. Glad you were able to get the guy and give him a better life

Thanks

Sorry, I just got home from work. I think I'm just being a worry wart. His head already looks a little better than it did yesterday. I took the best picture I could of his head and back bald spot. He ate a lot of Repashy today when I held the bowl close to him. He's super chill when I handle him. He just lays on my chest or arm. Any time anyone else tries to hold him though, even the lady at the store, he flips out and jumps around. I don't know why this is, since I've only had him a few days, but I'm not complaining! I tried to get a good picture of what I think is a scab on the side of his face. Sorry for all those questions, I think I was just worrying for nothing! Just trying to make sure I do it right! Thank you for your help and patience Also, one more unrelated question; what do all the numbers at the bottom of everyone's names mean? Like "1.2.4" Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  11.4 KB Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  10.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  9.3 KB

Thanks

It looks to just be old scar tissue, and if you say he's getting better then there should be nothing to worry about, just make sure everything is clean so an infection doesn't pop up
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

Agreed -- it looks like a scab, and should heal on its own. Your gecko is probably calm with you because he's come to associate your smell with a better life already!

As to the numbers in the signature, they stand for males.females.unsexed juveniles.eggs. So in my signature it shows that I have 3 males and 4 females and no unknowns. Last_Creature has even colour-coded the numbers in her (his?) signature, with blue for the males, pink for the females, and orange for the unknowns.
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

Duplicate post -- something buggy with the website today!
    Last edited by Treebiscuit; 03-02-2016 at 11:16 PM. Reason: somehow it posted the same thing twice
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

ohhh...Thank you! I have been trying to figure out those numbers and couldn't figure it out! lol

Thanks

Yep I'm a her, actual name is Nova I was bored so I decided to color code them lol
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Thanks

I'm over here with no signature. I'll get around to it eventually.

Considering the circumstances from which he came from, he seems to look really healthy