Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Totally new to this. Trying to do it right.

Thanks

It's hard to tell sometimes, but there should be tongue marks in the food or a portion missing (if it's not too liquidy). Poo is black/brown usually with a little white on the end.

Also to comment on the tail drop thing you asked back in February, I always think of a story a breeder told me once. He was packing up his cresties to go to a show in his car and someone drove by with their bass cranked to max, music blaring. The kind of bass that vibrates your whole body. Apparently like 6 of his stock dropped their tails (he showed pictures). He was pissed to say the least!

Thanks

Double post lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ayimera View Post
    It's hard to tell sometimes, but there should be tongue marks in the food or a portion missing (if it's not too liquidy). Poo is black/brown usually with a little white on the end.

Also to comment on the tail drop thing you asked back in February, I always think of a story a breeder told me once. He was packing up his cresties to go to a show in his car and someone drove by with their bass cranked to max, music blaring. The kind of bass that vibrates your whole body. Apparently like 6 of his stock dropped their tails (he showed pictures). He was pissed to say the least!
    Ok... she is in my living room, and I have a surround sound system. So I'll ease into using the bass. Ha.

I think the Repashy is a little too watery. I'll make it a little less tonight. Like a pudding consistency. What I was doing was taking pictures of the food. There are 2 little orange flakes in it, one of the orange ingredients. In my pictures they don't move or sink or anything. So if those flakes move, that might also indicate something.

Thanks

I'm new to crested myself. I enjoy reading your threads because a lot of theses questions were in my head also. I did a planted tank exo terra 18x18x24 that I inherited from a patient. I used Eco earth as my substrate but used organic topsoil in net pots buried in the Eco earth for my plants. I planted pothos, a maiden hair fern, bromeliad,two philodendron a Ficus Alli tree and a type of bromeliad type plant planted in soil. I also purchase 2 additional types of ferns and a Wandering Jew, it would have ended up being too crowded taking into consideration the final night and spread of some of these plants. I was more interested in providing height and also didn't want the gecko to get lost in all that foliage. I'm sorry to rant on. Didn't mean to high jack your thread.

Thanks

Hopefully the tank is working out for you.

My plants are taking off. Very healthy. The vines are throwing new growth. I see some new root growth. My button fern appears to be the best.

Pixel my Crestie found a leaf that she absolutely adores. Sleeps on top of it under a vine leaf.

I am still worried about whether she is eating though. She has Repashy, but I have no clue if shes touching it. Its been a week and a half. Anything I can do to entice her?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zemike View Post
    Hopefully the tank is working out for you.

My plants are taking off. Very healthy. The vines are throwing new growth. I see some new root growth. My button fern appears to be the best.

Pixel my Crestie found a leaf that she absolutely adores. Sleeps on top of it under a vine leaf.

I am still worried about whether she is eating though. She has Repashy, but I have no clue if shes touching it. Its been a week and a half. Anything I can do to entice her?
    I usually put a little dot of food on their nose. They lick it off, and this usually jumpstarts their appetite.