Thread: Not Convinced Crestie is 9 Months Old...

Thanks

Default Not Convinced Crestie is 9 Months Old...

Saturn just seems SO tiny to me that I am concerned that the guy I bought him from was bluffing. He also claimed that "he" is male, but I cannot see pores or a hemipenal bump. I have not been able to weigh "him", I need to get myself a scale - so maybe nobody can help me determine how old "he" really is. I thought it was worth a check. Take a look at my little buddy
    Name:  IMG_0950.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  82.5 KB

Thanks

That's a cute gecko. It could well be a slow-developing male, but it could be a slow-developing female instead. It does not look overly skinny and it also looks otherwise normal, so it is probably just a late bloomer.
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

I agree with Treebiscuit. Sometimes they are very slow to grow. He could very well be 9 months old. He may go thru a growth spurt soon. It's hard to tell age by size alone since so many factors affect their growth.
    Kelly @ OUROBOROS EXOTICS
    Currently working with Gargoyle geckos, Crested geckos, Leachianus geckos,
    E. Agricolae and E. Vieilliardi
    Facebook.com/OuroborosGeckos
    ouroborosexotics.wix.com/geckos

Thanks

Thanks guys! That brings me some peace of mind! I was concerned that I should be treating him like he's 4 or 5 months old.
    He is pretty cute ^.^ This is him partially fired, he's usually almost the same colour as his tail, but he does get to be a pretty dark brown.
    He's just started sleeping curled up near the top of his enclosure the last couple of days, as opposed to stretched out upside down in some of the hanging plant. Its adorable.