Thread: Multi-level Terrarium

Thanks

Default Multi-level Terrarium

So in the future I was thinking about making a multi-level enclosure for my Crested Gecko. I won't do it until I move it to the full sized Enclosure but I don't want to stack multiple Terrariums rather I'd like a way to make Permanent platforms (somehow) for it to climb (it will be a baby when I get it so don't know sex) on and sleep on.

Thanks

One idea that I plan on doing when I build my next viv (whenever that will be :P ) is to take pieces of malaysian driftwood and mount them to the back using gorilla glue or something similar; this will give you the "ledge" look while still looking very natural

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by empire3569 View Post
    One idea that I plan on doing when I build my next viv (whenever that will be :P ) is to take pieces of malaysian driftwood and mount them to the back using gorilla glue or something similar; this will give you the "ledge" look while still looking very natural
    Oh coolio. If you don't mind I might use your idea for my little guy/girl's Permanent terrarium which will eventually be the 18x18x24 Exo Terra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by empire3569 View Post
    Instead of Gorilla Glue, use Great Stuff expanding foam and mount the driftwood into the foam, Then coat the dried foam in blue or brown silicone and dust with coconut fiber. Poof incredible terrarium background

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RhacIns0mniac23 For This Useful Post:

kelby675 (11-24-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RhacIns0mniac23 View Post
    Instead of Gorilla Glue, use Great Stuff expanding foam and mount the driftwood into the foam, Then coat the dried foam in blue or brown silicone and dust with coconut fiber. Poof incredible terrarium background
    Awesome Idea! may use it if I ever get terrariums without backgrounds haha. The kit came with a background and the bigger Exo that I'll buy when the baby grows up more will come with one too haha... but who says I'll stop at 1 gecko haha shh don't tell my hubby

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kelby675 View Post
    Awesome Idea! may use it if I ever get terrariums without backgrounds haha. The kit came with a background and the bigger Exo that I'll buy when the baby grows up more will come with one too haha... but who says I'll stop at 1 gecko haha shh don't tell my hubby
    The great stuff is a good idea and looks really good when covered in silicone/coco fiber, but I would still look into using gorilla glue to mount the actual driftwood; it can be heavy and you wouldn't want it to peel away from the foam. The foam is fairly strong when dry, but if it were me I wouldn't want to take any chances. Then you could just spray the foam around the wood and get the same effect/look with more secure ledges

8. The Following User Says Thank You to empire3569 For This Useful Post:

kelby675 (11-24-2015)

Thanks

I've used the expanding foam/silicone/eco earth method for backgrounds and it's awesome. A little messy... but so worth it. They just look great when they're finished.
    Kelly @ OUROBOROS EXOTICS
    Currently working with Gargoyle geckos, Crested geckos, Leachianus geckos,
    E. Agricolae and E. Vieilliardi
    Facebook.com/OuroborosGeckos
    ouroborosexotics.wix.com/geckos

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoshi'smom For This Useful Post:

kelby675 (11-25-2015)