Thread: He won't let me see his calcium sacs!

Thanks

Default He won't let me see his calcium sacs!

Hey! It's been awhile... Anyway. I've had Gizmo for alittle over a year now as a pet and he's healthy and has no signs of FTS of MBD but he just doesnt want to open up. I've tried rubbing the sides if his mouth with my thumb and index finger. He won't open up, just squirm, I've tried feeding him banana to get him to open up but he never opens up for long enough. I've tried (very carefully) with a dull card to get him to open (someone suggested it before) but nada. This gecko doesn't want me to see! Any advice? He's all healthy. He is 8 inches long and 42 grams. He doesnt have any problems I just wanna keep it that way. Thanks in advance!
    1 baby crestie (gizmo)
    1 leopard gecko (sasha)

1 cat (socks)

Thanks

Mine nipped me when I tried to check. I'm probably not doing it right.

Thanks

My gecko never nips or bites. Unless he just had crickets... Then he's a bit excited... Lol. He just squirms and pushes and won't open up! Hmph.

Thanks

Mine won't open either. I just gave up, lol.

Thanks

If he is being fed a complete diet and is not displaying any worrisome signs, it is not super important that you check his calcium sacs and continuously trying to do so is quite stressful.
    Females who are laying eggs should be checked though because they use up calcium during egg production.
    If you do find a way to check them, do not get freaked out if his calcium sacs are somewhat smaller. Since males do not use up calcium the way females do, it is quite normal for them to have smaller calcium sacs.
    12.18.18 Correlophus Ciliatus
    1.0.0 Eublepharis Macularius

Grim Geckos
    >Instagram<
    >Facebook<

Thanks

I gave both of my adult females a bowl of calcium powder so they can take what they want/need.

Thanks

Mine also bites whenever I try. It doesn't hurt though, it kinda tickles. Its pretty humorous, actually.

Sent from my XT1042 using Tapatalk

Thanks

I always use a Sateh stick to open their mouth and than push it down in the mouth so they cant close the jaw. This way i can easy check it, without biting