Thread: Communal female crested gecko tank?.

Thanks

Default Communal female crested gecko tank?.

If I am planning a communal female crested gecko tank, would it be harmful to place one female in the intended tank alone for months before getting another female?.
    I wanted another female crested gecko about right now, but I'm not sure if it's a good time to add a new crested gecko right now. Could I setup a single female alone and then add 1-2 females later to the same enclosure or will the resident female have become too territorial being alone for a while?.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 799 Posts

Usually it's best to add them at the same time, females can be territorial. Also be ready to separate in case they don't get along. I have a couple of females who won't tolerate other females in the tank.
    Specializing in Crested Geckos
    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Thanks

I agree with Spyral. It's best to add them all to the tank at once, and to make preparations for housing them separately in case they don't get along.

FWIW, I have 4 sisters in one very large enclosure (2 feet wide, 1.5 feet deep, 3 feet high).
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

There.s no problem if you clean the tank an rearrange the things in there....then in a box you should put the females to introduce them in a neutral area...and then add them to the terrarium. (It will be like new and the girls sitting once there will not recognize because you clean an re-arrange evrything).
    P.s ppl from this site give me this solution when i asked. Also they could get good togheter...but there was cases when girls fight afther 8 months of sitting together. Soo....like they say be ready to separate them in any day ...