Thread: Parthenogenic egg?

Thanks

Default Parthenogenic egg?

Hi, before I start I know that most of you will be nonbelievers and will doubt everything I say and probably think I'm lying, anyways just keep it to yourself
    Today as I was cleaning enclosures and I noticed that my Virgin girl Coffee Bean was a bit smaller in the stomach area, so I figured she might of started laying duds since she is at the weight for that now, she had never laid before so I checked and found 1 perfect egg in her container, then I remembered I have been hearing more and more stories of egg being fertile from virgin females, so I candled it and I noticed the egg inside was red/yellow and a perfect cherrio right at the top!!! I was so excited I nearly dropped it (don't worry I didnt&#128518. So I have has Coffee for about 2 years or almost 2 1/2 years, she was only 3-4 months old and only 5-6 grams, she has NEVER been with a male or any other gecko for matter of fact, I have many people to back me up on that too!!! Never Been paired or even though of yet since she really just got the appropriate weight and her future mate is way to young to even think about mating. Now show me some of your partho babies you have hatched out or your stories of ones you had, I know the mortality rate is very low for them to even hatch let alone ever even get one, but fingers crossed! 😁😁😁😁

Thanks

I like to follow partho egg threads. I have a lone female that has never been bred also about two yrs. old now. Maybe she'll lay a partho egg one of these days too.

Thanks

Yes that would be awesom! I never really thought I would get one but I say her lay her first Dud and u noticed it was perfect and we'll inside was perfect too☺

Thanks

My female sara dug a hole, last night. I found her back in her cork round, this morning. I'll be digging out her eggs, later when I get home from work. She has never mated, so I don't expect viable eggs. But, it is still exciting to think of the possibilities.

Good luck with your eggs, Allie.

Thanks

I just had a report from a friend. His son had a hatch from a female that has not seen a male for a year and a half. Interesting,.. it would be a long, expensive, road to prove it out.

Thanks

Well I have heard of geckos being able to carry a males sperm for even over 2 years, but mine has not seen any other gecko since hatched, she was not bred by me but I know who and they say they never kept hatchlings together, even if they did I got her at 5 grams and that was more than 2 years ago. That would be very cool if your friend did hatch out a partho egg!

Thanks

I doubt that it will lead to anything.
    Scientific proof is a far cry from any of this right now.