Thread: New additions

Thanks

Talking New additions

Nothing like getting something cool for male crested geckos you cant sell... unbeatable!
    so we got 1.1 Eryx conicus [rough scaled] and 1.1 Eryx muelleri [egg laying species]. The female conicus is currently in shed, and not feeling very photogenic, but here are some pics of the others.
    rough scaled male

muelleri female

muelleri male

I used to think of them as being glorified worms, but theyre growing on me...

Thanks

Not trying to attack your care in any way but, Any time I have kept sand boas they always seemed to like being in a cage with sand deep enough for them to burrow (3 or 4 inches). The thick layer of sand also held heat in better than a bark type bedding.

Those are nice looking snakes and great photos of them! I also like your description of them as a glorified worm.
    "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Thanks

hahahahah. sorry, i dont mean to laugh, but thats not their cage.... thats just what i put them on to take pictures. My boyfriend has cared for and bred these species for 5+ years. They only arrived in the mail today, and havent been set up yet, but we do have a pretty firm grasp on how to care for them. thanks for looking out tho!

Thanks

Sweet Sand boas, I love mine, they are really easy to care for.
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

the only other boas i have are my dumerils, and they are... very much more my tastes in snakes

Thanks

Nice Sand Boas, but I must agree Dumerils are much more my cup o' tea as well!
    I do have friends that swear that the Sand boas are one of the most reliable as far as breeding success year by year goes...