Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eggs on the way?

Thanks

Default Eggs on the way?

So found my female in her temporary lay box(trying to make a safe one that is larger. Used the deli cup I got her in). Currently she is creepily staring at me. But this will be my first time with eggs. I have no substrate for incubation. Unless... Exo Terra's Eco Earth works. Yes I have heard it may leech into the eggs and stain them. But its all I have and I cannot get out to find vermiculite. No hatchrite available either. Some pictures will be posted. All tips and help will be greatly appreciated. She as been with my male but I don't know if she is gravid. Name:  14358820361241220430098.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  94.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_20150702_200056.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  91.7 KB

Thanks

I ended up taking her out of it to add more substrate. I left a mound all around the outside of it in case she chose a different spot. The couldn't fit in the cup right. She had spent 3 hours trying to get through the plastic.

Thanks

Help please.

Thanks

All you can do really is wait to see if she is gravid or not. If your enclosure isn't humid enough, that could be a possibility why she went under soil. Is she pear shaped near her rear limbs? Just wait, maybe in the meantime you can find some vermiculite?

Thanks

She has been changing her shape a lot. It is humid enough as I am always spraying because my room gets really dry. Right now she is small up by her frong legs. But as it goes she gets bigger until her back legs. Then it's skinny again. She hasn't eaten in the last 3 days and have had water and food available. I always make sure she is at least drinking and will sometimes dab a little on her nose to get her eating something.

Thanks

Man oh man that sounds pretty stressful. You've monitored her enclosure and haven't found any poop around? Have you tried feeding her live insects since she's stopped eating? If she went digging, hopefully she will lay soon (if she's gravid).

Thanks

If she has been with your male and is digging, she's probably gravid. I'm going to sound like a jerk for a moment because this irritates me to no end and I hope someone pays attention. Do not put a male and female together if you are not prepared for eggs. They will breed. There will be eggs. You will have to do something with those eggs. Don't do things you aren't prepared for.

Next, Eco earth isn't a great hatch media, but it can be used. It will likely stain the eggs. I don't know if it will cause any issues with the eggs down the line.

Thanks

Yes. She hasn't pooped once. I fed her crickets and she didn't seem interested. Stress. Oh yeah. Not even just about her either. So the makes me even more ansty about this. Crestielovely, I was supposed to breed them. But then my mother had a moment and went from yes, to a no 2 weeks after they were together so I wasn't able to pick anything up.

Thanks

She laid 2 deflated duds. Name:  IMG_20150704_191830.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  88.9 KB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to crestedcanadians For This Useful Post:

arojas7112 (07-05-2015)

Thanks

Well, I hope that brings you some relief. I'm sure it brought her relief.