Thread: Back from NARBC Arlington

Thanks

Default Back from NARBC Arlington

Hey ya'll! We made it to the Arlington NARBC show after all. It was pretty cool. We saw a lot of people that we had done online business with (snakes mainly). We saw Tom of Nokturnel Tom with his daughter, Bill Love of Cornutopia, Anthony Caponetto was there but I don't think he had a booth, I just saw him walking around. I met our own Kimberly Lucas with Gorgeous Gecko and she does have gorgeous geckos! If I heard the announcement right, she won something in the photo contest too. I also met Jeremy of Letkey's Leos (hope I spelled that right). I don't know anything about Leo's but I know his were beautiful. He had the largest leo I have ever seen! I'd swear it was the size of a med blue tongue skink. John (hubby) picked up a pair of Great Piney Key Rosy Rat Snakes from Don Soderburg. I resisted any new aquisitions in favor of making the house payment. The sarcifacies we have to make, *sigh*. I had my eye on a red pinstripe crestie and an orange stripe garg both juvies. My son fell in love with a hatchling viper gecko. We'll probably end up getting him a few of those soon though. He got to meet Nigel Marvin. He was starstruck!

There were lots of freebies. I got a kingsnake t-shirt, a bag of hatch rite, a "reptile lunch box" of crickets, and a poster from Bill Love cuz he's nice even if he does take pics of naked people covered in snakes (I had a hard time keeping my son away from that end of the table )

It was nice meeting everyone. NARBC said they will be making Arlington an annual stop now. Next year some of you "yankees" should head down south. Other than Kimberly, there were no other crested hobbyists there, just LLL and Reptile Depot. Hope to see more of ya'll next year!
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults
    1.0 husband with 30+snakes

Thanks

glad you had fun.sounds awesome

Thanks

Wish I could of made it. I worked friday and slept saturday and sunday. Glad you and your family had a good time.

Thanks

Glad to hear you got to go after all. Sounds like a neat and very fun trip. Too bad you couldn't get that crestie or gargoyle. Darn bills and responsibilities.

I was so disappointed I couldn't make it, but am glad to hear that NARBC will be back next year. So hopefully I'll be able to attend then. Maybe in the meantime I'll check out one of the smaller local reptile shows.

Thanks

How fun! I'm real envious that Nigel was at the Texas show.

Chicago's NARBC was my first big reptile show and I had a lot of fun. Plan to go back next year.
    ~Kimmy
    3.3 Crested Geckos, 0.1 Creamsicle Corn Snake, 1.1 Felines, 1.0 Shep/Basenji mix

Thanks

I didn't get to go to his talk. The baby was tired and cranky by that point so that means I was too! We caught him at his booth. He's quiet, seemed almost shy with the crowds. He didn't seem to start conversations but he wasn't a jerk about it. Just not very outgoing maybe? It was surprising to me how few people seemed to know him. He walked around the show from time to time and wasn't stopped by guests or anything. He looked different somehow, thinner maybe? I didn't recognize him at first, the voice was the giveaway.
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults

Thanks

Suzanne, it was nice to get to meet you. I had a great time and will be back next year. Kelli Hammack also had some stunning animals. I also enjoyed meeting Kimberly, who had some wonderful animals and a very neat beverage cooler...
    My thoughts and opinions based on my experiences. Jeremy Letkey

www.RainingRedStripe.com

Thanks

Oh, who did I miss. Who is Kelli and what kind of animals did she have?
    Suzanne
    8.12.10 Crested Gecko
    0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.1 cats
    1.1 dogs
    1.2 humans, subadults