Thread: Switching diet

Thanks

Default Switching diet

I have been feeding Gizmo Repashy since I got him but I was wanting to try Pangea as they have flavors. In about a month when i finish my current bag if food is when the change will happen. How do you go about changing their diet? And where do you suggest I can buy Pangea in small quantities incase he doesn't like it? Thanks!
    1 baby crestie (gizmo)
    1 leopard gecko (sasha)

1 cat (socks)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .gizmo. View Post
    How do you go about changing their diet?
    You get the powder and mix it with water and put it in the enclosure. It's that easy. Do that for a week and see if he is eating it and you can buy from the Pangea website

Thanks

Most geckos just start eating the Pangea diet right away. Some people mix it with the current diet and slowly increase the amount of PFMC until it is at 100%. like Suit stated, it is probably easiest to buy it here at the Pangea store. Ground shipping on dry goods is fairly cheap and simple.

Thanks

I was in the same boat about 2 months ago, I didn't ease my geckos into the new diet I just made the food and put it in. Honestly ALL of my geckos favored Pangea over Repashy. The night I made the switch was the first night I've ever seen the entire bowl cleaned out within 24 hours.

The easiest way to get Pangea is through to website. Other than that I've heard of certain LFS being able to special order it for customers.

I have yet to hear of a gecko that dislikes Pangea but I have heard of a few who prefer a certain flavor.
    0.1 Crested 2.1 Gargoyle 0.1 Mourning

Thanks

I wish pangea made a sample pack of their cgds. HINT HINT. That would make finding an animals favorite easier.

Mine don't seem terribly interested in the watermelon ( which I thought they were eating before I got them!).

What favors are the most popular from the animals perspective? Is there any analysis on this?

Thanks

I've heard if banana and mango so far DadnDaughter

My gecko goes crazy for real banana so id try the flavor first personally

Thanks

But they are high in phosphorous aren't they? There is a data table on the calcium thread showing several fruits ranking in terms of the calcium to phosphorous and they are at the bottom. Do you dust them?

Thanks

Yes, I smash them up then add water and calcium. It makes a sorta banana paste he loves.