Thread: Dubia Roaches..

Thanks

Default Dubia Roaches..

How can you tell them apart when they're not fully grown? I have no idea how old mine are... I'm thinking around a month away from being adults. I only ordered 10, and got 11, (mediums from lll reptile) so I want to make sure I don't feed off all of one sex.

Maybe someone has pictures?

Thank You!
    Olivia
    "...Because what's more efficent than doing nothing?"

"...Doing nothing in a Hybrid?"
    -stephen colbert's writers

Thanks

I don't think you can tell until they either get wings (males) or don't (females)

Thanks

Ah, okay. I'll stop feeding them off then until they get a little bigger. Thanks for responding!
    Olivia
    "...Because what's more efficent than doing nothing?"

"...Doing nothing in a Hybrid?"
    -stephen colbert's writers

Thanks

Actually, once you've had them and handled them frequently enough... you can tell males from females when they are like one or two molts away from maturity. You can kind of see where the wings on the male will be... like little "buds", for lack of a better word. Unfortunately, I really do need a camera that plays nice with my new pc... the old one just won't.

And for the most part, you will always have more males than females... just make sure you don't feed them all off cuz you'll be needing them. In fact, keep at least one male for every couple females cuz they die off easier and faster than the girls
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss