Thread: Where?

Thanks

Default Where?

Where can I get all information I will need to prepare for eggs from my many juvenile female Rhacs?

I know the basics. But, I would like to see where I might find everything I need to ensure that my geckos stay healthy whether or not I breed them.

I've found a few books on Amazon. But, there is a lot of detail missing from everything I have found. For example, I know that leachianus eggs can have the sex influenced by temperature fluctuation. However, I have yet to find anything detailing that and many other, seemingly, secret pieces of information.

Additionally, we can't always wait for someone to respond on a message forum. Plus, I hate being a PITA to others. Most of all, I'm very impatient and prefer to do it on my own, if I have the correct resources.

This is a shout out to all the breeders!

Thanks!!!

Thanks

I think that to attempt to provide comprehensive information about breeding on a thread is way beyond the scope of one thread. That said, I have a few suggestions:
    --get Gargoyle Geckos" by Philippe de Vosjoli, Allen Repashy and Frank Fast. It has about 9 pages about breeding, but a lot of the rest of the book touches on it as well
    --get onto as many gargoyle/Rhac forums as you can. Read through the breeding sections. Copy and paste anything that looks interesting and relevant into your own document. This is what I did before I started breeding leopard geckos and I found it very useful.

deVosjoli feels that gargs, at least, can be temperature sexed. Others feel strongly that he's wrong. I've been trying to get people who have tried this to send me details about their success/failure and have had very few people send me info despite publicizing it in a lot of places. I think the jury is still out. I am incubating half my garg eggs at 82.5 and half of them at 75. Last season I produced 8 hatchlings. Of the 3 that hatched from the higher temperature incubator, one was very small, had calcium absorption problems and died. The other 2 were male. Other people have not had the same results.

Aliza

Aliza