Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Chahoua

Thanks

Default New Chahoua

This is a Mainland female that I purchased from Mike at Dragontown. She is awesome!
    Name:  030.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  89.8 KB

Thanks

I just checked in to see this little girl shedding. I should be able to post a better picture in a day or two. I just don't want to disturb her too much as she acclimates to her new home.

Thanks

Name:  022.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  88.3 KB
    I got this chahoua from Leapin' Leachies.
    Ain't she a beauty!

Thanks

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  95.9 KB
    This is my Mainland chahoua. She has been with me for just over a month and she is growing quite nicely. I weighed her in, last night, at 18g. She cleans her food dish, every night.
    Sorry for the crummy pic. I had her out of the cage earlier and tried to get her to be still for some pics, but she was only interested in getting back to her food dish.
    Both of my chewies are great eaters!
    I tried to get my PI out of her cage for pics, also. But she refused to let go of the cork log and I didn't want to pull too hard on her and risk injury.

Thanks

Name:  013.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  90.1 KB
    Another pic of my Mainland chahoua. But, I'm beginning to think I may have a male... I tried to look 'down below' while I had her/him out, yesterday. But, couldn't get her to be still as I tried to look closely. She is up to 22 grams and I should be able to tell, but this little one still has me guessing.

Thanks

My chewies LOVE to eat...Name:  021.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  93.5 KB

Thanks

Interesting to see how they are growing! Keep posting. . .
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

Thank you! Both of my chewies have such personality! The PI loves bugs and gobbles up dubias and crickets like candy. The mainland (the one hanging on to the feeder dish in the last pic) could care less for the bugs. However, the mainland gets to the feeding dish within minutes of when I re-fill with fresh CGD. They both lick their CGD clean! Both are very healthy and hearty and keep me entertained.

Thanks

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  97.6 KB

This is a pic of my PI chewie waiting for more bugs. This little girl is a freak about the bugs. I feed her a few dubias or crickets, twice a week. I'm not sure if this is why she seems a bit more aggressive, lately. No matter the time of the day, she will come out of her cork tube and watch me whenever I open the tank and reach in. She attacked the new CGD cup as I was putting in her dish. And, I can hear her teeth gnashing the plastic. So I know I don't want to feel her bite. Yikes!

However, when I have her out of the tank, she is very calm and docile.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by odduc748 View Post
    Name:  005.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  97.6 KB

This is a pic of my PI chewie waiting for more bugs. This little girl is a freak about the bugs. I feed her a few dubias or crickets, twice a week. I'm not sure if this is why she seems a bit more aggressive, lately. No matter the time of the day, she will come out of her cork tube and watch me whenever I open the tank and reach in. She attacked the new CGD cup as I was putting in her dish. And, I can hear her teeth gnashing the plastic. So I know I don't want to feel her bite. Yikes!

However, when I have her out of the tank, she is very calm and docile.
    mine does the same thing. in more than one instance ive caught him with his mouth wide open like a hippo waiting for me to throw the crickets in. i need to start filming my feedings for now on just in case he decides to do it again.