Thread: gargoyle started always hiding

Thanks

Default gargoyle started always hiding

my unsexed adult gargoyle is always hiding. I've had it for about 5 weeks and for a little over a week he has stayed in his log night and day, only coming out for about 30 minutes every night or so. This started a couple of days after i cleaned everything in there but he seemed fine and active as usual for a few days after that even though i bonked his head on the glass a little bit putting him back in. about a week or so before it started he'd stay in his log for a night or two but then be back out and moving around.

He only eats pangea (refuses crickets) that gets changed every other day, and his water bowl gets changed nightly. The terrarium gets misted early at night a bit for water and before i go to sleep to keep the humitidy up. temp stays about 71 during the day but he has a log under the light thats a bit warmer and about 68 at night.

hes fired up in the log and moves around so i know hes not sleeping, any thoughts on whats causing this?

heres his terrarium
    Name:  20150310_224550.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  97.7 KB

Thanks

In my opinion, this is just what they do sometimes, especially the young ones who are instinctively protecting themselves from larger predators by keeping hidden.

Aliza

Thanks

thank you for the reply i was getting worried. luckily hes starting to come out again