Thread: Fattening up a gecko

Thanks

Default Fattening up a gecko

So, I have a 7 month old male Crestie and he has always been a little on the thin side. I was just wondering why you can do to get them to gain some weight? Are wax worms okay? (What size, how many, how often)

He has Repashy that gets replaced atleast every other day. And he gets crickets for 2 days every couple of weeks.
    1 baby crestie (gizmo)
    1 leopard gecko (sasha)

1 cat (socks)

Thanks

well do you gut load your crickets number 1? cause that will help. also roaches are a lil more hardy than crickets. also try feeding live more often.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
    well do you gut load your crickets number 1? cause that will help. also roaches are a lil more hardy than crickets. also try feeding live more often.
    I do gutload the crickets but I do not have access to roaches. But still, are occasional waxworms okay? Thanks!

Thanks

wax worms do have a high fat content and are kinda like the "twinkies" to the herp world. yes they can help but ive read stories were geckos get addicted to them and wont eat anything else. lol so i would say yes it will help but i wouldnt overdue it. guess it just depends what kinda eater your gecko is. =)