Thread: End of a shed?

Thanks

Default End of a shed?

Have no experience with gecko shed, but with other species of resptile I've had, worked with this looks like end of a shed , or beginning ? I Gave him a lil soak, and every so carefully rubbed at it, no movement. Also do gargoyle absorb a certain amount of water thru the skin? I have looked all over I found some info on others that do but not gargoyle In particular.

Well it turned out begin in of shed, as he's all whitish now, and tail shed is coming off, does anyone have an answer to if they absorb any water thru the skin? Gargs specifically
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Husker; 01-23-2015 at 10:12 AM. Reason: More info

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 799 Posts

The water absorbed from the skin doesn't rehydrate the body, but does help with shedding since it forms a layer of moisture between the old skin and the new. They probably can absorb moisture into the bloodstream via their cloaca (vent) at the base of their tail. This is a good method to rehydrate them when they are sick or otherwise dehydrated.
    Specializing in Crested Geckos
    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spyral For This Useful Post:

Husker (01-24-2015)

Thanks

Thanks for the info spiral, nice site BTW. I had wondered about the water cause I fill the tub up with lukewarm water, just a small amount enough to come a lil up to his belly. He seems to like it wades around in it for a bit then sits there and chills out for 10 min or so till I take him out, so he seems to like it as he does not try to jump out or freak out when I put him in. Started to wonder if he was getting any hydration from it or just something different for him to do. As he seems to enjoy it I'll keep doing it.