Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dividing a Terrarium

Thanks

Default Dividing a Terrarium

So, I currently have a female adult garg on a 45x45x60 exo terra terraium, and I'd like to get a male, but since there is a real possibility that they won´t get along I was thinking that maybe I cant split the terrarium into two sides.. but not really shure how.

What would work, a soft mesh, a hard mesh (plastic or metal) or maybe a solid divider (which would be hard because I have a hollow log diagonally across top to bottom). Maybe the prolonged proximity will help them to get along, or they will just get more mad at each other and I'll have to get a separate enclosure

Ideas, opinions are welcome

Thanks

I would say hard myself, I would be afraid even a thin mesh they may get toe stuck in it, and something they can't see thru to see each other, is my two cents.

Thanks

So you think they might loose a finger on a mesh? Hum..

Thanks

i'd get a solid divider, like wut they use for fish tanks and glue it in or make some kind of lip for it to sit in.

Also... I know you said "but since there is a real possibility that they won´t get along" but they'd also mate, and you'd end up with babies.

You can try the barrier as a see-thru, bu tpersonally i see that as just more stress on the animals, since they don't care much for company. So if you see signs of stress, I'd make it a non-seethru barrier.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Thanks

Well babies are on the plans, so that would be alright. Well that makes sense, if they don't get along, it better no be see thought

Thanks

hmm i have the same terrarium and i wonder if i can split it in 2 with a plexi glass (transparent or not??) but there will be enought space for adult crested???
    45x45x60 :2 = 22.5x22.5x60!!! i think is not enought ....right??

Thanks

It would be 22.5x45x60

Thanks

hahaha Salmon u`re right....but it`s stil that 22.5cm is enought for a crested???

Thanks

Yeah most likely not. Plus with dividing it they will be able to smell each other easily so it may not be a good idea at least not long term

Thanks

My gargs have been living together for more than 2 months without any problem. No eggs but no bitting either. They sleep in different places and both eat more less from the same plate. I guess I was lucky