Thread: "toilet" training my gecko!

Thanks

Default "toilet" training my gecko!

Hi there this is my first time posting on here and im after some advice since i cant really find any information i need! basically my male crested gecko has a horrible habbit of going to the toilet while sitting on the viv door meaning the poop and urine end up all down the door and in the runners which is a bit of a pain to clean properly! my question is this: is there anyway to discourage him from going to the toilet in this exact spot? some sort of spray or anything really to try and encourage him to go some where else thats alot easier to clean! thanks for your time

Thanks

Nope, they poop when they feel like it. The best thing you could do is try to make a different part of the cage more appealing so the gecko would be there more and poop there.

Thanks

I'd think of that as a blessing, so much easier to clean up after. But if you wanted to change it rearrange the decorations so he moves to another spot

Thanks

Default Potty

Mine likes to poop in the water dish, which at least makes it easier to clean up. Also poops on my hand almost every time I hold him. Also, easy to clean