Thread: Calcium sacks? HELP!

Thanks

Default Calcium sacks? HELP!

My 5mo crested will not open his mouth. I have tried tapping, rubbing, feeding. I don't know what else to do! He is healthy and eats like a little piggy but I have never gotten him to open his mouth long enough. I am not worried but I would like to see... Any suggestions?

Thanks

Why do you want to see his calcium sacks?
    Does he looks like he's got calcium deficiency (swollen limbs, kinked tail, jutting jaw)? I've personally never convinced my crested to open his mouth to take a look at his sacs but I know he's got good calcium levels because he looks healthy and eats his Pangea Powder Diet.
    What has you worried about his calcium levels?
    0.0.1 - Abel Gideon - Northern BTS
    1.0 - Timey Wimey - Crested Gecko
    1.0 - Sammy - Chahoua

Oliver has found a new forever home

Thanks

No, nothing is wrong with him. I was just wondering because I've heard of many other geckos coming with "easy open mouths"
    I was just curious because I couldn't open his mouth.
    I also had a leopard gecko that would open up all the time.

His jaw, tail, and limbs are all normal. Like I said, no reason... Just curiosity.

Thanks

Just my 2 cents: The only way i've ever opened a geckos mouth (on my Chahoua, because I had to force feed him for awhile) was by taking a thin, laminated card, and you essentially slide it in between there lips, when they open, you push it in a bit further until they are essentially biting down on the card, then you tilt it till they open up wide.

I know my gecko hated every moment of this and found it very stressful and uncomfortable (as did I, but it was necessary because like I said he needed to be fed with a syringe). If you aren't worried about his calcium and he's not opening willingly i'd just leave sleeping dogs lie. It might be cool to see, but there are photos online of geckos who have been willing to show off.
    0.0.1 - Abel Gideon - Northern BTS
    1.0 - Timey Wimey - Crested Gecko
    1.0 - Sammy - Chahoua

Oliver has found a new forever home

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MadSebby For This Useful Post:

Reptilady (01-08-2015)

Thanks

Thank you! I am not going to do that, no reason to stress him out, but this morning I was feeding him some banana as a monthly treat and he opened wide and I got a glimpse. All is well and thanks!