Thread: Finally getting a chewie!!

Thanks

Default Finally getting a chewie!!

After a years of wanting a chewie, I am finally getting one! It will be here Tuesday. I'm so excited! The breeder told me it is German mainland lines, so would that be GT or troeger? I'm not keen on locale/morphs.

I've done quite a bit of research but was wanting if anyone had any advice for me?

It's only around 7 grams so I was thinking of going the tub route till it's a bit bigger. Any specific size I should use?

Also, I've heard chewies can be quite tame and friendly. I have slowly downsized my cresties due to them just seeming not really interested in anything but being fed and even after lots of handling are super flighty at times still lol, I still have a few of my favorites but I was hoping with routine handling that I could get this chewie to be pretty calm. Correct?

I plan on feeding pangea, clarks, color bomb and Dubia roaches. Is that a good diet?

Thanks

Congratulations on getting a chewie there great. I have mine in a tub now. I started out in a 121218 exo though. They are very friendly an always out an about. Mine has always been calm an never had a problem. Loves her bugs though. I have pictures of her here an on my fb page.
    Crested geckos 4:5:15
    Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crgecko For This Useful Post:

Muffins94 (10-30-2014)

Thanks

Thanks!!! I'm BEYOND excited. I have a 12 qt I'm going to set up and then go from there once the baby arrives. Seeing the size in person will help on what size it will need.

This is the baby-
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  63.1 KB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Muffins94 For This Useful Post:

crgecko (10-30-2014)

Thanks

I got mine as a hatchling also. So pretty small. Very good looking from the picture you posted. So yours is a mainland, I have a pine island. As in diet I feed an rotate the pangea diet an sometimes the grubs n fruit. I have found out with mine is i had to give like 3 good sized branches for her to sit on. I have the hanging vines an the magnetic bridge. For cover

Thanks

Thanks! I have some of the vines and the bamboo bars that I plan to string across for perches, along with maybe some cork. What flavor of pangea does yours like?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Muffins94 For This Useful Post:

crgecko (10-30-2014)

Thanks

Mostly the banana papya mix. But I rotate it with the apricot banana. They really don't like the watermelon flavor but I will giveitto them. I would also feed bugs. Mine gets jumpy when it hasn't had any in a while.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to crgecko For This Useful Post:

Muffins94 (10-30-2014)

Thanks

Okay great, I have all the flavors so glad to know which they like the most.

Thanks

There some cool little guys.

Thanks

I'm glad I finally could get one. I thought I'd never be able to get one because of the price of them. I almost had a heart attack when I spent 235 on one of my cresties. Well I found this little chewie for less than 300 so I snatched it!