Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherry Head Tortoise

Thanks

I've actually found commercial dandilion seeds from Europe for sale in a certain city with a lot of old hippies.

You know you can feed some of those plants as long as you do it as part of a balanced diet in moderation.

I have a rule where I have at least 4-5 different types of plants in an animal salad. I even feed small amounts of plants with oxalic acid, etc. and never had a problem. People have a tendecy to feed too much of a too limited diet with herbivores.

Thanks

The problem isn't finding seeds... I don't even have to go where the hippies are ...I can just go around the corner where the 'thugs' hang out and find seeds. I even have seeds here from my own harvesting. Just none of my dandelions are in "flower" right now.... not yet, anyway. My Beardie and my Milli both get dandelion "greens" every other day or so, and they can share those with the tortie.

Good news, though... she ate some fruit today!! Only a little bit of peach, plum, red grapes and banana... but anything is an improvement to dead, stinky fish every day.

I make all kinds of elaborate salads and fruit "smashes" for all my gang here. I think that's why I end up with so many "rescues" and "rehabs"... I have a reputation for spoiling my critters, so people always seem to have a "sickly baby" that would be better off with me.

Anyhow.... thanks!
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Thanks

Joob was outside today, while the sun was shining... briefly... and she grazed on some dandelions in my organic garden! She's been eating for a few days now, actually. The little "joker" still has an affinity for "schmelly" foods, though... I caught her headed for a pile of......... err, ahem.... one of the ferals left us a present

How can I, if ever, break her of this desire for really gross smelling "foods" ? I mean, I'm not offering it to her, but she obviously finds it on her own anyway.
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss