Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Live Vivarium

Thanks

This looks fabulous!

Thanks

Thank you! I am super excited to see how it keeps progressing over the upcoming months

Thanks

This is absolutely beautiful!! In fact, I'm going to use this plan as a basis for my new tank. I hope it is at least half as pretty as yours. Also, do you have springtails and isopods? If so, where did you order them?
    Last edited by Precia; 12-25-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: I oopsed a word.
    0. 1 Crested Gecko (Espi)
    1.1 Border Collies (Kobi and Jade)
    1.0 Guinea Pig (Bertie)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Iduna)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Precia View Post
    This is absolutely beautiful!! In fact, I'm going to use this plan as a basis for my new tank. I hope it is at least half as pretty as yours. Also, do you have springtails and isopods? If so, where did you order them?
    Thank you for the kind words, you will have to post pics of yours when its finished! I did use springtails and isopods; the were both ordered from NEHerp and I would highly recommend them. The isopods I ordered are dwarf whites; I chose smaller ones because my gecko is crazy for live feeders and didn't want him eating all my isopods if I bought big ones.

Thanks

Looks absolutely amazing, I am very jealous. I would try posting on Amazon, or eBay. Maybe you can make some money making these. Nothing on Amazon or eBay comes even a tiny bit close to as good as this looks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Husker View Post
    Looks absolutely amazing, I am very jealous. I would try posting on Amazon, or eBay. Maybe you can make some money making these. Nothing on Amazon or eBay comes even a tiny bit close to as good as this looks.
    Thank you, you are too nice! While it was a lot of fun and would be awesome to build these, medical school tends to keep me pretty busy :P

Thanks

Its starting to look like a jungle in there... (and please forgive my dirty glass :P )

Name:  20150211_170541.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  100.9 KB Name:  20150211_170647.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  101.7 KB

Thanks

dang! Wish mine looked like that but i was having light issues in the past so nothing really grew. Now i got Jungle dawn LEDS (3 atm, 1 for each tank but i ordered 3 more to get 2 per tank) so hopefully i can start restocking the plants cus that's what I'm aiming for, like your tank ;n; so beautiful
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Thanks

Thank you! You shouldn't have any problems with those jungle dawns growing plants, everyone seems to rave about them! I might need to get my hands on some of those when my CFLs die

Thanks

So I have a pretty significant update here

First off, unfortunately, I had to tear down the tank. There were a couple problems with it which I did not foresee; 1) the moss really started to take off, however required a lot more misting to keep it humid and alive, and I was worrying about having the humidity get too high, 2) My gecko did not seem to like walking on the moss, Im assuming because once it got tall/shaggy he couldn't grip to anything, so much so that he hardly ever went on the cork rounds, and spent the majority of the time on the glass, 3) I couldn't see my custom background! (Not really a huge deal but it bothered me)

HOWEVER, I have since reconstructed what is in my opinion, the ultimate crested gecko jungle gym It consists of a free standing cork "tree" (shown below) which is composed of two "trunks" with three "branches" that were attached with gorilla glue and then covered in silicone/coco fiber for a seamless connection. There will be no moss this time so Dante has free roam to climb on the entire thing, and I have a couple bromeliads and epiphytic vines growing on the tree to make it look more naturalistic. I also have a couple vining plants pinned to the bottom of the background in the hopes that they will grow on it in the next couple months. The only thing I dont like is that it looks so much more barren now compared to before, but it will grow in So, time for some new pics! (Also, ignore the large bromeliad in the bottom left, its only in there until the pup it has opens up, then its being removed, the only permanent broms are the ones attached to the cork tree)

Here is the tree in the building process

Name:  20150508_185115.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  93.4 KB

And here are a couple pics of the new terrarium

Name:  20150519_193111.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  100.0 KB Name:  20150519_193130.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  100.5 KB Name:  20150519_193155.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  100.2 KB