Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shed problem

Thanks

Default Shed problem

Well my ball python just got a new home for christmas. I got him a 30g tank so he'll be set for life. Hes shed once since i put him in there. The only problem is i see some shed thats still on him.

Since its a big tank, humidity is becoming my problem. I've added an extra bowl of water to help and started misting whenever i get the chance, but he still has it after a couple days now. He always goes and soaks in the water bowls so idk why its not comming off.. theres also a good number of things he can rub against to get it off.

How do i go about giving him a warm bath or something to get rid of this, and is there anything eles i can do to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks

Just fill the tub/sink up with shollow warm water, and keep him in there (that will be the hard part...). Also, do you have maybe a small starilite container you can cut a hole in the side and place it over the water bowls? This will hold himidity in it. Good luck!
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl
    1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
    Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Thanks

I like useing a rubber made container for soaking snakes in. They cannot get out like in the tub or sink. Try covering up half the top of you cage with a towel or even plastic wrap ( just make sure the heat lamp is not too close). Also the substrate you use can have a big affect on humidity, what are you useing? You can also put a rubber made container in the cage that has a "mulch type substrate" in it that is kept wet and a hole in the side for your snake to enter and exit through.
    Dale
    "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Thanks

Yeah, I agree with peublan. Get a small rubbermaid and put moist moss in it. That might help a lot.
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl
    1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
    Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Thanks

You need to keep the humidity up in the tank that is why it got stuck. I would suggest putting a towel over the screen and keep a heat pad under the tank and have a big bowl of water in there above the heating pad.
    John Barkowski
    1.0.0 Ice/Sandfire Bearded Dragon
    0.1.0 Beagle Terrier
    0.1.0 Toy Chihuahua
    Unless we act now to stop illegal trade, we will eventually find only a dust bowl, emptied of all its forests and animals.

Thanks

i have done that with the pad and towel and water

Thanks

Maybe you could try getting the snake oil. It is like a lotion but oily.
    John Barkowski
    0.1.0 Beagle Terrier
    0.1.0 Toy Chihuahua
    Unless we act now to stop illegal trade, we will eventually find only a dust bowl, emptied of all its forests and animals.

Thanks

i have an old sponge typ thing i bought at the shore when i was a kid for all my hermit crabs... i stapled it to the top of a wipcream container and made it into a hide and maby that will work... just smells a little fishy

Thanks

You should write some breeders and see what they say about stuck shed and even do research.
    John Barkowski
    0.1.0 Beagle Terrier
    0.1.0 Toy Chihuahua

Thanks

i have.... thats why in the first post i said i was doing all the stuff i found online to do and was asking how to go about giving a warm bath... its not like i just noticed and came on here and started asking random questions

and as for writing breeders.. there a couple on here thats why i took the tiime to post in this forum