Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Uroplatus Sikorae or Chewie?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rubberduckey273 View Post
    From personal experience, and what I've read and talked to other chewie owners about, bugs shouldn't be an every-now-and-then deal. All of mine have tapered off their bug consumption by the end of year two, but the growth is much better if your chewies are offered bugs multiple times per week. My adults still eat dubias at least 2 times a week, and I offer them daily with the mrp. I had a problem with a very slow growing chewie, who was only getting bugs two times a week if I remember correctly. I increased the bugs to as many as she's eat daily, and her growth sped up to normal.
    Yes bugs are important but bugs everyday is not recommended. Twice a week is just fine.. I don't think you should feed bugs everyday because they are not strictly insectivorous, they are still mainly fruit eating geckos.
    Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Mniargekko Chahoua x1 (Java chip)

Rhombodera stalli x5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Extremecrestie For This Useful Post:

GoodLuckGeckos (03-18-2014)

Thanks

Okay, now I'm considering a leachie. Can they eat CGD? (Repashy, PFMC, BFG) Same care as cresteds? I love their huge size.
    Mary Frizzell
    Check out my Facebook page at "Good Luck Geckos"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sparklefashion View Post
    Okay, now I'm considering a leachie. Can they eat CGD? (Repashy, PFMC, BFG) Same care as cresteds? I love their huge size.
    Yes they are supposed to mainly eat CGD.. Prepare it buy a big enclosure and spend quite a bit of money on the gecko.. Your not going to find it any cheaper than $400-500 for an island locale.. Which is smaller. And for a GT, no cheaper then $800-900. So yea, same care as crested but just supersize everything. and they really need a cork hollow
    Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Rhombodera stalli x5

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Extremecrestie For This Useful Post:

GoodLuckGeckos (03-21-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Extremecrestie View Post
    Yes they are supposed to mainly eat CGD.. Prepare it buy a big enclosure and spend quite a bit of money on the gecko.. Your not going to find it any cheaper than $400-500 for an island locale.. Which is smaller. And for a GT, no cheaper then $800-900. So yea, same care as crested but just supersize everything. and they really need a cork hollow
    What size tank for an adult? As for cost, that will be well worth it. I just finished looking at pictures of owners with their leachies, I just love the idea of walking around with a huge, gigantic, awesome gecko on your shoulder or in your hands!
    Mary Frizzell
    Check out my Facebook page at "Good Luck Geckos"

Thanks

18x18x24 minimum for a island locale which is the smaller.. For a big GT probably something bigger like one of those 24x24x36 or whatever they are..

Rhombodera stalli x5

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Extremecrestie For This Useful Post:

GoodLuckGeckos (03-21-2014)

Thanks

Leachies are an absolute joy to own, I have had mine since he was a hatchling and quite frankly he is my favorite. They are pricey indeed, but if you get a hatchling or a juvie I have seen them as low as 275. I would personally recommend getting them young as the only thing cooler than having a giant gecko in your hands a is seeing that same gecko growing from the size of your hand to the giant sitting on your shoulder.
    Sean Mchugh

Currently breeding Gekko vittatus, Mniarogekko chahoua, Eurydactylodes agricolae, and Eurydactylodes vieillardi