Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, HELP!

Thanks

Default Ladies, HELP!

Ok, I got my heart broken by my high school crush when I confessed last year. Well, I really did not think I had "recovered", but I recently met someone and it was one of those love at first sight moments (it was just a little study group for a midterm) . I dismissed it at first as a crush, but it's been a week and it still feels like time just stops when I talk to her. Anyway, my problem is I am a real girl's guy and while I am confident, fit, and funny I do not exactly wreak of manliness, which I think is what is holding me back with the opposite sex . Ladies, I need advice on how to compensate for this or just advice in general. Thanks .

Thanks

Sometimes you have to be out the box an walk up to her an ask her if she would like to do something as long as she doesn't have someone.
    Crested geckos 4:5:15
    Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

Thanks

Be yourself. If she can't like you for you, then she's not worth your time.

That's all I got. I'm not sure what you mean by a "girl's guy" or "manliness".
    1.0 leopard gecko 0.1 corn snake
    6.11 c.clypeatus 1.0 c.compressus
    iherp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CallaLily View Post
    Be yourself. If she can't like you for you, then she's not worth your time.

Agreed. Too hard to be someone you're not. You will know it is right because she will accept you for who you are. Not all girls' like a man's man. Some like the geeky solitary quiet guy who does water sports and likes to clean the house and watch old movies. Be genuine; that will mean a lot. Perhaps she was lovestruck too…..
    4.24.0 Crested Geckos
    0.2.0 Leopard Gecko

FB: Geckos by Design

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CallaLily View Post
    I am one of those guys that girls befriend and talk about their problems with or help with homework. I do not have many guy friends. By manliness I mean masculinity I guess, I work, have a well groomed chin strap with mustache, wear a nice watch, exercise, and have a life; however, I do not exactly look like I am ready to take down a bear or tackle a woman into bed. I am a little bit on the shy side I guess. Make sense?

I am going ask her if she wants to study, just the two of us, later and if it goes well I think I am going to ask her out to dinner on Friday. Good?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Viridis85 For This Useful Post:

crgecko (03-04-2014)

Thanks

Thats a great start. Study where? In the stacks? Ask her for lunch or coffee or dessert. Dinner too much of a commitment i.e. too long IYKWIM at this point in the game. But then, what do I know? Perhaps you know her better….
    4.24.0 Crested Geckos
    0.2.0 Leopard Gecko

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by savannah blue View Post
    Thats a great start. Study where? In the stacks? Ask her for lunch or coffee or dessert. Dinner too much of a commitment i.e. too long IYKWIM at this point in the game. But then, what do I know? Perhaps you know her better….

IYKWIM???

It's not too long if you're broke as hell and going to a fast food cafe'...I figure it because she said she liked to eat there. Plus, I am a science guy and this poetry class is kicking my , so I am going to see if we can dissect these love poems we were assigned.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viridis85 View Post
    I am one of those guys that girls befriend and talk about their problems with or help with homework. I do not have many guy friends. By manliness I mean masculinity I guess, I work, have a well groomed chin strap with mustache, wear a nice watch, exercise, and have a life; however, I do not exactly look like I am ready to take down a bear or tackle a woman into bed. I am a little bit on the shy side I guess. Make sense?

I am going ask her if she wants to study, just the two of us, later and if it goes well I think I am going to ask her out to dinner on Friday. Good?
    Good personal hygiene is an excellent start -- you're already ahead of a large percentage of guys. Being talkable also definitely gives you an edge over every guy who acts like a fool or a braggart around women, and good for you for working up the courage to make a move -- you're definitely doing all the right things.

That said, I agree with savannah blue that coffee or a snack is a lot less of a commitment and less stressful as a way to get to know someone than Friday night dinner. It's better to start informally and in a low-pressure environment when you're trying to get to know someone better.

Finally, don't worry about your bear-attacking skills or how much you resemble an Olympic athlete. Women are attracted to all kinds of different guys, and that includes different physiques. If you don't know her very well, you won't know what she likes. You might be just the kind of guy for her. . .
    3.4.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by savannah blue View Post
    IYKWIM
    If you know what I mean. Why not just take her for a walk after study class to a cafe. Cheap and you get to talk on the way there. If it gets awkward, either or both of you can cut and run. I don't like getting 'cornered' per se but if she likes the fast food joint then go for it. I personally feel awkward eating fast food in front of a potential date. Love poem interpretation? Your study class sounds very like that 'Prince and Me' movie only in reverse Sounds very romantic...
    4.24.0 Crested Geckos
    0.2.0 Leopard Gecko

Thanks

Ooohhhhh, I forgot to add that if you ask her to dinner and pay it will seem more like a date and kinda like you planned the whole thing rather than "oh that took a while do you wanna grab something to eat" kinda thing. I'm an over thinker and very analytical so that scenario would pass my mind.
    4.24.0 Crested Geckos
    0.2.0 Leopard Gecko