Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Newbie and sad news

Thanks

Default Little Newbie and sad news

Got this new little one on Valentine's Day, but this is the first chance I've been able to share him. Last weekend I was out of town, and when I came home I found three of my chahoua tubs knocked over and Rigby, Banges, and Chuck missing. Vera's tub was one of the ones knocked over, but I found her still inside, safe and sound. Last night I found Rigby in my bathroom, but Banges and Chuck are still missing.

While I love all my chewies, Banges is by far my favorite. She's the calmest, and is the daughter of one of my all time favorite geckos (Mr. Bubbles, Mina's chahoua). I've been extremely excited to finally be able to breed her with Rigby this year. Finding Rigby has given me new hope that I'll find her and Chuck, and soon, but the longer they're loose the more worried I get.

On a happier note, here's a couple pictures of the newbie, hatched in Jan. Not the best pictures, but I didn't want to bug the little one too much.

Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Thanks

Sorry for your missing geckos. I hope they turn up safely and quickly. Cute new one.
    1.0 Dog; 1.0 Leopard Gecko;10.5 Crested Geckos; 1.1Gargoyle Geckos; 1.3 Sarasinorum; 5.3.7PI Chahoua; 2.2 E. Agricolae; 1.1 Nuu Ana, 0.1 Isle E, 0.2 G. Marginata, 1.0 L. Williamsi And interested in a few others

Thanks

Oh no! How did the tubs get knocked over? I have wondered about the stability seeing them stacked since they are so lightweight... I would be soo stressed not finding them! Hope you find them soon!

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
    1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Thanks

Check areas near windows that would be hiding spots so areas away from lights but close to windows

--_--

Thanks

Also look behind hanging items, pictures and the like.

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
    1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Thanks

Check anywhere and everywhere, I hope they turn up! Cute little one
    Mary Frizzell
    Check out my Facebook page at "Good Luck Geckos"

Thanks

Thanks everyone! I'm still not sure how it happened, since I was on vacation and my family didn't hear anything. Since I was only gone for two days I didn't worry about asking anyone to check on them. I doubt it was my dog, because she couldn't get up to the spot I had the tubs stacked, and she probably couldn't see them either. It's possible the cat snuck in the room, but I really don't know.

I've had geckos get out before, and they always turn up, but the longer they're out the harder it is for them to eat, get enough humidity and drink water. I found Rigby behind a towel in the bathroom, and I've torn the house apart twice now. Took apart two dressers and my bed as well. I do have branches and foliage with heat lamps and food set up in different areas in hopes of coaxing them out, but I haven't seen them yet and the food hasn't been touched.

Thanks

If your escapees like crickets, I would get some large crickets that chirp a lot and do this in a couple different rooms: http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...nd+lost+geckos It's worth a shot!
    Mary Frizzell
    Check out my Facebook page at "Good Luck Geckos"

Thanks

It's worth a shot! They're not big on crickets, but if they get hungry it might draw them out! Thanks!

Thanks

Your new baby is adorable! <3

So sorry to hear that Chuck and Banges are still missing.

One of my geckos (Chicken Express) got out of his bin one night. What helped me track him down quickly was...dust, actually. My desk is a bit of a catch-all and since I don't use it much as a desk anymore (I prefer the portability of laptops), the slide-out keyboard tray had a very fine layer of dust on it. I saw a couple perfect little gecko footprints and was able to track him down in just minutes. He was hiding under a hair scarf, on the desk. Less than a foot from his bin.

I hope your little ones turn up quickly as well as safe and sound!
    Stickyfoot Dragons on Facebook

“You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.”
    -Paul McCartney