Thread: Deadly Assassins

Thanks

Default Deadly Assassins

That's right, folks.... not just geckos here... I have some decidedly uncommon "pets" that are fascinating and quite the proficient killers!

First up is an insect that many people find so creepy and repulsive that their first reactions upon seeing one include shrieking, shrieking while dancing on tippy toes, stomping on, swatting at or just plain running away. If you can get past the creepiness factor, you'll see an amazing specimen that has the swiftest of attacks matched by the deadliest of venom. Bad for pest insects, harmless to humans! That's right, I said pest insects... these suckers will kill and eat anything from spiders and roaches to wasps.

In this video, note both the swiftness of the attack and the immediacy of the effect of the venom on the victim. There's no struggle whatsoever.

Meet the House Centipede in a video I call: "Don't Blink or You'll Miss It!"

[youtube]udzcNMLmddM[/youtube]

Up next... I've always liked these little marvels since I was a kid. Measuring in at a max of half an inch, these fearless creatures can jump a great distance to tackle prey that sometimes can be larger than they are. P. Audix, commonly called the Daring Jumping Spider, has incredible eyesight and is a master of the sneak attack. Note the agility, the potency of the venom and the sheer strength in maneuvering with the victim after the kill. Is it any wonder that Spiderman kicks ass? I think not!

Here's the vid starring the Daring Jumping Spider, entitled "Pick On Someone Your OWN Size (Spider says: "OK!")"

[youtube]wBgHgKf7cMw[/youtube]

Thanks

Very cool, although I wouldn't want one of these insects for a pet. Lets just say I will be enjoying insects through youtube!

Thanks

The only reason I would want either of those is to feed my snakes, tokays, or my dog!!! Lol

Thanks

We had some of the Daring Jumping Spiders in our house at some point...crept me out at first, but after I got past the fact that it was following me around the kitchen I think its the cutest spider ever. Congrats on the cute little ones.

Thanks

CUTE!!!!R u crazy

Thanks

Hi,

This is exceptionally decent and wonderful post.
    I am very happy joined this forum.
    I like it exceptionally much....!!!!
    Thanks alot...
    You can get score highest marks in Testking cisco ccna certification dumps exam using and test Testking istqb testing king which are prepared by top certified professionals, Tabor College ccna wireless training; both are marvelous in www.the-bac.edu

Thanks

I'm not sure why but the YouTube links are not showing correctly.
    I have to admit that I am in the centipedes creep me out camp, but I love Daring Jumping Spiders. When I was growing up we had them living in many of the windows of my parents' house. I spent a lot of time observing and interacting with them. Not bad for somebody who was an arachniphobe as a young child.

Thanks

LOL this post is over a year old..... not sure the links are even valid anymore