Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rosy boas

Thanks

Default rosy boas

I am currently looking to buy rosy boas, I have a 40 gallon tall with swing doors in the front of the cage and have looked alot about them on google, and if there is anything else I should need to know please tell.

Thanks

A 20 gallon tank is enough room for a rosy boa. But they should be fine in a 40 gal. Always make sure that the lid of the tank locks and is always locked. As last year I had a baby corn snake escape as someone forgot to lock the lid and we never found him.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to InventorReptiles For This Useful Post:

Jonathan123 (02-04-2014)

Thanks

Srry for your loss, and thx for the info. The doors do lock, they r magnetized and have a lock on the bottom.

Thanks

I volunteer at the Desert Museum and I handle the rosy boas often. They're beautiful snakes, but they are very mellow and almost lethargic. They're extremely easy to handle and are slow moving.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thefallen1213 For This Useful Post:

Jonathan123 (02-05-2014)

Thanks

Do they bite often? I used to own ball pythons but they never did bite..... But then again I only held the once or twice.... I only like watching snakes more than holding, its more lizards and geckos I like holding.

Thanks

No, they shouldn't bite any more often than a ball python or corn snake.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to InventorReptiles For This Useful Post:

Jonathan123 (02-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan123 View Post
    Do they bite often? I used to own ball pythons but they never did bite..... But then again I only held the once or twice.... I only like watching snakes more than holding, its more lizards and geckos I like holding.
    Not in my experience, it varies a lot by individuals thought. They will let you know when they do not want to be bothered. Pretty cool N. & C. American species. A few species, if I remember correctly, are actually seen out and about during light snow fall in the wild.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Viridis85 For This Useful Post:

Jonathan123 (02-05-2014)

Thanks

Oh really, cause it happens to be snowing on and off were I'm at and that would be cool to see them in the snow! That's really cool you really do learn something every day

Thanks

Good news I might get a rosy boa tomorrow! Its a year old male for $100!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan123 View Post
    Oh really, cause it happens to be snowing on and off were I'm at and that would be cool to see them in the snow! That's really cool you really do learn something every day
    Yeah, it would be some really cool field herping photography if I am correct. I would not try it with a CB animal though, even if he is the locality or species in question. I could safely drop my chondros to 40F tonight and everyone be ok when I elevate temps the next morning; however, I am not trying it. lol.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Viridis85 For This Useful Post:

Jonathan123 (02-05-2014)